~3.7~

Demetri felt that his world was shattered

Demetri felt that his world was shattered. His wife was gone and his son was still nowhere to be found. He had finally gotten the life he had always wanted but now it was slipping through his fingertips. 

"Demetri we need to fight," Felix told his friend. Demetri looked up and saw that Stefan was gone, that it was just him and Felix. "I know it hurts Demetri, but we need to fight. Fight for El. Fight for your son." 

Demetri knew Felix was right. Even though Eleanor was gone, he still had a family he needed to protect. Both he and Felix ran back to the main room. He let out a relieved sigh to see that all of his friends were still alive. What shocked him the most was that the kings were fighting by their side and were still alive. Demetri and Felix split up, Felix ran to help out one of the Cullens while Demetri ran over to help Jane, even though she did not need it. 

"Nice of you to join," Jane said with a smirk. It was no secret that Jane enjoyed fighting as did her twin Alec. Jane wanted the Romanias to be punished for taking her best friend and Eleanor's child. Demetri just nodded, not knowing what to say. He did not know how to break the news to Jane that Eleanor was gone. 

"I have not found the kid yet," Heidi said as she ran over to the group. 

"Try harder." Alec snapped. Everyone was on edge. They needed to find Demetri's son and get out of there. Heidi nodded and ran away, searching every room. No one from the Romanian coven noticed her. Heidi could easily blend in with the shadows and no one would notice her. Jane and Alec continued to fight off the Romanians. Jane looked over to Demetri and saw a vampire come up from behind him. 

"Demetri!" Jane yelled. She quickly ran over, using her power which caused the vampire the most pain he had ever felt. Jane quickly ripped his head off and watched his body fall to the ground. She turned and glared at Demetri. "What is wrong with you?" She yelled at him. "You are not paying attention! You could have died!" Demetri did not say anything. He just kept looking at the ground. 

"Well? Are you going to say anything?" Jane yelled at Demetri, which caused Alec to walk over. 

"What is going on?" He asked his sister. 

"Demetri is going to get himself killed! That's what." Jane said as she turned to her brother. "Demetri, what is going on?"

"She's gone." Demetri barely whispered but both Jane and Alec heard him. 

"What?" Jane asked in shock, not wanting to believe what Demetri had just said. 

"She's gone. They killed her. She wanted to come with but I told her that it was safer for her in the castle." Demetri said. Jane and Alec could see the venom filling up in his eyes. They both knew that if he could he would be sobbing right now. "I-It's my fault. I did not listen to her and now she is gone."

"Demetri, it's not your fault. You were trying to protect her." Alec said. Jane stayed quiet, still trying to get her thoughts in check. "Jane?"

"It's not your fault. It is no one but these Romanias" Alec took a step back. He had never seen Jane this angry before. In her whole life, Jane has never had a best friend, a friend other than her brother. Jane had lost the one person who never thought of her as evil, the one person she could always go to to share her feelings without being judged. "We need to fight." 

Demetri watched as Jane ran, killing any vampire in her way. No one from the Volturi had ever seen her like this. Demetri turned to Alec who shrugged and ran after his sister. Demetri took a look around. He knew that the Romanians were beating them. Most of the newer guards were already dead. Demetri looked over at the Cullens and saw that they were all still alive, even Bella which surprised him. He let out a grateful sigh. Even though he knew the kings were not the Cullens's biggest fans, he was grateful for them risking their lives to find his son. 

Demetri looked over and saw that Felix was struggling against three vampires. He quickly ran over to help his best friend. He quickly threw one of the vampires off of Felix and ripped their heads off, killing them instantly. As he turned a vampire was already grabbing his neck, trying to pull it off. Demetri knew unless someone came to help him he would be dead soon. However, it did not scare him. He now knew how Marcus felt every day and Eleanor had not been gone for even a day yet. Demetri looked up and saw Felix staring at him with wide eyes. 

"Find my son and take care of him," Demetri said as he closed his eyes, waiting for death to take him with open arms. 

"No!" Someone screamed, causing everyone to fall to the ground in pain. The vampire let go of Demetri as they were now holding their ears in pain. Demetri looked over and could not believe his eyes. There stood Eleanor her eyes glowing red and a red mist coming out from her hands. Everyone looked at her in shock. Due to most of her friends thinking she was dead and also due to the power she now had. 

"Thought you would have a party without me?" Eleanor said with a smirk on her face ready for a fight. 

~~~

~~~

Here is chapter 37. Wow, I cannot believe it has been 37 chapters already. I hope you all have liked this chapter. Please let me know what you think. Thank you all for the support on this book, thank you for ever vote, read, comment, and even follow. I cannot thank you all enough. Until next chapter!