epilogue

many months had passed, about 5; arlo and karl had actually moved it together. some said they were moving too fast, but they loved each other. that's all that mattered to them. after many boxes and car rides, arlo had settled into karl's house nicely. their cats got along, too.

at this time, they were streaming together, about to tell the viewers that they were dating. they wanted it to be an end-of-stream announcement, so they made sure to tell everyone to stick around for a bit.

they thanked donos and switched to full-screen facecam. karl clasped his hands together, and arlo watched his eyes crinkle at the corners as he grinned.

"okay, special announcement time!" the boy said enthusiastically.

arlo clapped her hands above her head. "wooo! announcement!" she cheered, earning a loving glance from karl.

"so, as some of you may know, arlo and i have been hanging out a lot in the past months. despite some speculation, we are not 'besties'," he put air quotes around the word. "well, we are, but like that's not the point."

arlo put her head in her hands as she laughed softly. karl chuckled before leaning against the girl and continuing.

"we are actually dating, so yeah. um, we ask that you all please respect our boundaries as you have done before, and that's all i have to say! arlo? anything to add?" he turned to face her.

she pursed her lips. "uhm, yeah just please be respectful of our privacy! you all are good at that, so i'm not too worried. thank you for the support!" she held up two thumbs up symbols as karl sent off the chat with a few more words.

in a moment or so, it was just the two of them again. they silently stood from their chairs and walked to their bedroom, hand in hand of course.

the sun was setting over the trees, and the orange light shone through the window. karl and arlo laid down in their bed, both sighing with content.

the brunette girl rested her head on her boyfriends chest, listening to his heart as it thumped rhythmically. thump, thump, thump...

"arlo?" karl said quietly.

"hm?" she hummed, wrapping an arm around his torso.

he held her close, playing with her hair. "i love you, so so much. you know that, right?"

though they had said those words before, the butterflies never failed to erupt in her stomach when he spoke to her that way.

"i know, karl. i love you too."

she felt him smile as he kissed the top of her head. in a few short moments, arlo felt her eyes go heavy. karl peered down at her, observing as her eyes drooped lower and lower.

"sleepy?" he asked.

"mm. a bit." she mumbled. "can we nap?"

"of course." he planted another soft kiss on her forehead before leaning his head back against the pillow. within 5 minutes, she was asleep.

arlo felt safe. karl made her feel that way. she loved him, and he loved her.

to arlo, karl felt comfortable.

he felt like a good stretch after waking up.

he felt like reading the best part of a book.

he felt like hearing a good song for the first time.

to arlo, karl felt like home.

___________________________________

a/n:

WOOOO LAST CHAPTER LETS GO

this was fun to write, i hope you enjoyed this book!

by the time you're reading this, my second ranboo book is out. be sure to check that out, it's gonna be good >:)

i've also got a george book in the works, so i'll be sure to update you all on that as well :]

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH, THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT YOUVE GIVEN ME!

-kahoot ❤️