05 - familiar

time seemed to pass quite quickly since arlo last talked to karl. it was now the day of their meet up, and arlo was excited as ever.

warm rays of sun pressed down on the girls cheeks as she woke up. with a grunt of frustration, she grabbed a pillow and shoved it into her face. after letting out a deep sigh, arlo rolled out of her bed.

she trudged along to the kitchen and poured herself a quick bowl of cereal. after eating and feeding birdie, arlo looked at the candle on her kitchen counter.

'hm,' she thought. 'i don't know what that smells like.'

she took the lid off of the candle and brought it up to her nose, taking in a deep breath. it smelled like warmth, flowers, and clean clothes. she lit the candle and turned on her heels to leave, only then realizing that she was meant to be getting ready.

her phone began to buzz. with a curious glance, she grabbed it and checked while walking back to her room. it was a text from karl.

krl >:T
lmao check what i
posted on twitter

don't be mad at
me tho :))

instead of responding right away, she did as he asked. a smile rested on her face as she rolled her eyes at what she saw.

karl :) @karljacobs_
LOL I TOOK THIS OF ARLO

karl :) @karljacobs_LOL I TOOK THIS OF ARLO

110k likes| 36k retweets

@yo.arlo
replying to @karljacobs_
KARL WHY
|
@karljacobs_
BECAUSE

@ranboosaysstuff
replying to @karljacobs_
hey i know her
|
@tubbolive
replying to @ranboosaysstuff and @karljacobs_
hey me too

with a grin, she swiped out of twitter and back into imessage.

krl >:T
lmao check what i
posted on twitter

don't be mad at
me tho :))

aloe
keep that up and
we aren't meeting up.

😐

CHANGE MY
NAME BACK
FROM ALOE

IM NOT ALOE

krl >:T
WE ARE MEETING
UP DO NOT THREATEN.

no. ur aloe.

see u at 1 :D

aloe
yeah yeah
whatever