02 - mostly

arlo opened her eyes to the feeling of warm sun rays pressing idly against her face. she rubbed her eyes for a moment, sat up, and observed her environment.

she had walked to her bed in a dazed, tired state the previous night, so things on her desk were a bit shuffled. her computer was on sleep mode, seeing as she didn't bother turning it off after hanging up her call with karl.

with a grunt, she swung her legs around; she stretched her limbs and let out a small squeal. the girl prodded around her blanket in search of her phone, eventually finding it from a notification.

after scrolling through a few messages and responding to some dm's, arlo stood up out of her bed and padded down her hallway. she eventually arrived in her kitchen and began to make herself a small bowl of fruit to eat, seeing as her stomach was grumbling quietly.

while eating breakfast, she made her way over to a ladder that sat in front of a large window. the ladder held an assortment of different plants on each step, ranging from ferns, swedish ivy, flowers, and even a venus flytrap. she took a green, leafy vine between her delicate fingers and came to the conclusion that it was watering day.

the brunette girl set down her bowl in the sink and grabbed an old cup. the plastic cup was adorned with paint stains and water marks, none of which mattered seeing as the plants didn't mind. with a small smile, arlo filled up the cup with cold — but not too cold — water and gently poured it into the pots on the ladder. happy with herself, she went to find birdie.

arlo found birdie laying in the window sill, enjoying a few rays of sun that peeked timidly through the curtains. the girl bent down and ran her nimble fingers along the felines soft grey fur, earning quiet purrs and mewls of contentment.

standing up, she took in a deep breath. 'stuffy in here,' she thought to herself.

with a small sigh, she wandered to her closet and swayed a few hangers back and forth, deciding on an outfit. she eventually settled on baggy pants, a green sweater, and a beige jacket. she grabbed her phone and made her way out the door; she didn't bother putting shoes on.

-+-

the earth seemed to rumble beneath her feet, creating a soft beat that only arlo could hear. she waltzed through the overhang that lead into the woods by her house, only thinking about the greenery before her.

the leaves that had been dampened by morning dew shifted slightly as the girl walked through them. the aforementioned dew settled lazily upon her feet, causing a small chill when wind whipped through. it was calming to the brunette. she found a dry log between two creeks and sat down, examining the life she could find. she snapped a picture of a mushroom.

yo.arlo
location: prime log

arlolocation: prime log