I remember smiling like an idiot while having so much fun, just to look over and see you doing the same—your grin light up that night like the sun that was absent.

I remember the pocket knife you used on the fence. I still have it with me. I never got a good look at it until I retrieved it from your pocket. It says your real name. Etched into the handle, it says Clay. This whole time I never knew your real name. I suppose you took more than one secret with you.

I've always wondered why you kept the knife with you that night. I have so many questions, Dream. I can't wait to talk with you once more.

I hate to admit it, but I felt unsafe around you when you first pulled out the knife. I guess the saying trust your gut is right. You wouldn't have hurt me, though, right?

Hey, Dream? In that letter, were you serious about your feelings? Were you acting? You weren't acting, right? You love me, right?

Hey, Dream? I miss your voice right now.

I miss the way you smoothly corrected me in our duets together. I miss the way you always smelled slightly of the outdoors, regardless of if you went outside or not. I miss the way we laughed together, running up and down the halls. I miss the ways you ranted about your latest novels.

I loved every second of it, although I pretended to be annoyed.

When will we do that again? Next week, maybe?

Hey, Dream? Where are you right now? In the library reading? The music room practicing for our next duet? Are you at the fields out back tending to Heaven?

Are you with me right now, Dream?

As I read this, are you listening?

Why didn't you tell me? Why couldn't you tell me?

Why did I only find out about your life, only when it was too late?

I used not to have a reason—no reason to get up in the morning.

I met you.

Slowly, I realized I heard your voice through the bird's songs. I found myself looking outside, wondering if you were out there. I felt the wind against my face, only to be reminded of the wind I felt when I was with you.

I play the piano, purposely skipping lines for your solos you love so much. I pick books out for you still, Dream. There's a pile waiting for you when you get back.

Hurry, please.

Looking in the mirror every day, I started to notice something that wasn't always there before, a smile. I became deaf to the world when you spoke. Your voice was easily my favorite song. I no longer looked up to stars wishing for me but wishing for us.

Everything that used to marvel me was never enough compared to you. I never had a favorite color until I saw your eyes.

My heart became yours the day I turned around to you.

I don't believe in much, but I like to believe you were my destiny.

All I knew was that a part of my soul longed for yours, and that was enough for me.

Hey, Dream? All those times we spent together, did you love me? Were you ever faking it? Dream, why did you wait to tell me?

Oh, my dearest love, you saved me. Every breath I take is for you. Did you do the same for me? My Dream, you made my Earth turn once more. You are the light at the end of the tunnel.