The Starry Night

Dream and George gazed into waning daylight; their eyes began to transform into reflective hues of mocha and sapphire in the flooding beams of golden light.

Taking the indication, George gave, Dream's hand slowly reached forward, startling George out of his enchantment in the sunset.

Dream placed his calloused hand onto the aged leather reigns that are latched onto Heaven. Cautiously, he guided Heaven over the compacted fence and into the open fields ahead of the men.

George stared into the blank landscape that filled his ocular. What could Dream possibly have prepared?

Heaven rumbled in excitement, scrapping her hooves against the terrain below. Unlike the shut-in George, Heaven was familiar with the advancing sight.

Dream glanced to his right, taking notice of Geoge's slight fidgets.

"Steve-"

Dream wheezed a dry, raspy chuckle.

"Don't tell me...you're nervous?"

Dream could barely suppress the amusement bubbling in his chest. He managed to remain somewhat stoical out of respect for the man he knew as Steve.

George flashed a quick death glare to Dream. George's face was growing more crimson by the second.

"I am not 'nervous,' I happen to fiddle with my hands. Is that such a sin, Dream?" George sassily retorted, combining the remark with a sly smirk.

Dream only acknowledged the statement with a blank stare paired with a few dry blinks.

George admired the scene painted in front of him. He felt as though the sight was calling his name like sirens were to sailors. All he wanted as of right now was to ride Heaven through the fields.

He didn't mind if Dream came along as well.

"Dream-"

The blue-eyed man peered up at George with a burning curiosity.

"Are you- I mean- Am I going to ride...alone?" George said timidly.

Dream gazed at the man above, too stunned to respond. Was Steve asking if Dream could ride with him? So many emotions clouded his usual intellectual thought process. He could barely think straight. Before he could revise his response to the other, Dream blurted out,

"I'll ride Heaven with you."

George's face exploded into a fiery cardinal color. The color-managed to spread throughout George's body before Dream could ponder what he had just spoken.

"I-wait- I'm sorry. I w-wasn't thinking straight and-"

George burst into fits of laughter. Such a strong man like Dream could be so easily flustered.

George and Dream shared something in common.

"Of course, you can ride Heaven with me. I suppose that's what I was trying to say from the start." George returned while wiping his tears of laughter amid his speech.

Dream smiled a grin full of relief and pure bliss.

Dream hoisted himself onto Heaven with ease. George couldn't deny the envy he felt about Dream's strength. However, it put George to ease, knowing that someone strong would be with George on his first ride.

Dream sat in the saddle's pommel, scooting as far upwards as possible to give George enough room.

Delicately, Dream picked up the reins that were at rest on Heaven's neck. Every time Dream moved in even the slightest; he would let George know what was happening.

It softened George's heart to know how much Dream cared about George's wellbeing.

Dream uttered a few commands to Heaven. She slowly began trotting along the earth. Dream urgently glanced back at George. The sight of George's child-like grin was enough for Dream to want to make this the best ride of his life. He was prepared to put on a show, all for George and his innocent adventures.

After receiving the all-clear from George, Dream gradually began to speed up Heaven's pace.

Taking in the full sight of the world around him was a task like none other for George. Often, George was tasked with signing documents or avoiding his vicious father. In this present, George felt only positive emotions rise to the top of his caged heart. The feeling of euphoria alone made George instantly burst into a tremendous smile.  George felt as though someone had released a million butterflies in his stomach. He felt as if this moment was the first time he had ever truly seen the world.

However, the main reason for his smile was that he got to share this moment with Dream.

After touring through dense, elegant forests, graceful, vacant fields, landscapes full of alluring flowers and multicolored shrubs, and stunning beaches, Dream ended their journey in an empty plain far away from the kingdom.

George stared at Dream in pure awe. The wonders of the world hadn't fully sunk in yet. George was speechless.

Dream responded to the stare with a sweet giggle, admiring George's new-found love for the outdoors.

"Lay on the grass." Dream persuaded.

"The grass? What about my clothes? Won't they get dirty?"

"Clothes? Are they expensive or something?" Dream inquired.

"Y-No. They are not. Never mind, you're right." George fumbled.

George gently patted the grass like some pet owner. The grass was tender against his skin. Reluctantly, George laid on the ground next to Dream.

George studied the view straight above him. His eyes suddenly widened further than ever before.

The sky was a true masterpiece. The stars jumped at George like spotlights. Constellations found themselves a home in George's chestnut irises. Planets hugged each other like old friends from childhood. The atmosphere was a cool autumn mist that gently cuddled George. The sky looked as if the world didn't exist, and George was another star in the galaxy. He almost believed he could reach out and touch the 3D scene illustrated before the pair.

Unbeknownst to George, instead of the night-sky, Dream studied George instead. All the features unique to George, Dream wanted to see them. Dream took note of a light dusting of freckles that marched their way along the bridge of his nose. He noticed his gentle eyelashes fluttering in the cool breeze. He caught his slightly messy bedhead. He saw his tender, rosy lips that were gaping open in pure delight.

"Hey, Steve." Dream whispered, careful not to startle the man into a panic.

"What is it, Dream?" George spoke, still concentrated on the starry sky above.

"Why don't we start over?"

George glanced over in confusion, batting his eyelashes to refocus his vision.

Dream gave a chuckle that George recognized as the know-it-all laugh.

"What do you mean?" George investigated.

"It's about time you told me your real name." Dream replied, followed with a dry laugh and pupils staring intently at the stars above.

George's jaw hung to the floor. He knew the whole time? Was he that bad of a liar?

"I'm Dream. You are?"

George hesitated. Telling Dream his real name was a safety risk, but it was one he was willing to take.

George gave a charming grin.

"I'm George. It's nice to meet you, Dream."

Dream smiled a genuine grin.

Looking back up at the stars, the thought of each other came to their minds.

This was marked the beginning of the destinies of this duo.

AN: Sorry for the late update. I was tired af. The story is just beginning to unfold, so stick around! Thank you for the support, and don't forget to click on the star to vote. I love u all! get some rest and stay hydrated! <3