V

I ran out of the hall after Carrie, yelling her name as she ran. "Carrie, stop!"

"Why? It's obvious that everyone would rather watch Julie perform." She turned around and snapped at me.

"That's not true."

"Let's find out about that." She scoffed, pushing past me and swiftly walking towards Julie. As she pushed my shoulder I grabbed her wrist, "Carrie, think about this." She ignored me and continued walking, me closely after her.

"That was incredible!" Nick told Julie.

"It was way better than when you cried and ran out." Carrie interupted.

"Hey um... maybe we should get to science." I suggested, trying to pull Carrie away.

"Yeah." Nick agreed.

"Uh, yeah, then maybe you can study the chemical properties of manners or something." Julie scoffed.

"Was that supposed to be a comeback? Wow." Carrie snickered, looking Julie up and down.

"Wow yourself."

"Oh! Another winner." She turned and started to storm away as Nick went to storm after her. I quickly grabbed his arm, "No.. I should talk to her."

"Carrie!" I grabbed her hand, stopping her as she walked. "That was... kind of cold. I thought you two used to be friends, right?"

"I've earned my chair, y/n. Julie lost hers after she didn't sing a note for a year. Then suddenly, she drops in unannounced to upstage us with her little hologram act? We worked hard on that routine. Julie's no friend."

"C- Car-" I stuttered as she pulled her hand away from mine. As I watched her walk away, Julie put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I know she's your friend but I can't keep sitting in silence. And anyways, I had reason to fight for my place in this programme, she isn't considerate of others."

I was hurt by the way Carrie spoke to me. It was the first time I has seen the side of her that everybody had told me about and it rendered me speechless. Julie smiled and led me down the hallway as she talked about the guys and how cool it was I could also see them. As we came round the corner, we were greeted by the guys in a human pyramid. "Julie! Y/n!" They screamed.

"You! Stop doing that!" Julie yelled at them. "I'm serious."

"Whoa. This one's on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there and then we came over here." Reggie rambled.

"Are we not going to talk about what happened in there?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out. And y/n can see you as I can? How does that work?" Julie said.

I couldn't shake the cold look Carrie gave me. It was fixed in my mind, I couldn't ignore it or change the subject. I guess the others were expecting a freak out from being able to see them, but I couldn't even say anything.

"Hey, Julie.. Is she okay?" Alex asked.

"Y- yeah. I'm okay.." I stuttered. "J- I just need a minute." 

_____________________________

"Carrie?!" I yelled, running through Carrie's door looking for her. "Carrie, where are you?!" I ran up the stairs and knew where she would be. I opened the door to the music studio and saw her sitting at the mic. A soft backing track playing as she sat there with a white guitar and I watched from the door. Her not realizing I was listening.

(From the author: So once again I am using a song not from the show and I wanted to say so you could go and stream 'Cool Girl' by Dodie, because I loved the way it fit into my writing and I love the song hahah)