51 ~ Be Safe .... My Love ~

Start from the beginning

When I went to that house for the first time, all I could see was my life with you Khushi. I saw my future with you. Arnav felt his heart tightened remembering his own words spoken to Khushi when he first time told Khushi about the home....

"" I see us growing old.""

I saw us growing old together.

" I see hope for a family that I never thought I could have. I see our memories, countless memories. I am living in those memories Arnav".

I saw hope for a family that I never thought I could have.

Arnav felt his heart is beating alous, finally the silver lining is visible within the cloud...

" There is the one place she could hide Khushi, where she knows we would never look....question is where the place is..." NK asked meanwhile....

" My own home." I whispered.

They both turned to me, " What?"

" Where is the one place I would never look for her?" I clenched my fists as realization dawned upon me. " my own fucking house." It all made sense.

Khushi was in the estate. That's the one place I would never think of her to be. She was locked away in our own home.

Fuck.

" that bitch!" I cursed Sheetal under my breath. " I know where Khushi is," I said before I stormed out, not bothering to wait for either of them.

The drive to the estate passed in a blur. If my heart tried to beat any faster, it would explode. I felt like an idiot for not thinking of these before. Khushi tried to hint it to me and I did not understand. She would be waiting for me.

I am coming Khushi, just hold on baby... just be safe.. my love..

Aman and NK were on their heels following me. They were in their car behind me. We raced against time as my patience to see Khushi ran out. I did not bother turning the car off or even bothering to slap the car door shut once I arrived. I stormed out of the car and ran inside.

From the video that Sheetal had sent me of Khushi once, she seemed to be in a place that resembled a basement. I was heavy on my steps when I reached the basement. Not giving it another thought I bashed the door open. I lost my breath at the sight.

She was here....

My Khushi was here...

I could not control the tears that escaped me at the sight of her. She was not looking at me, she was looking straight ahead of her. But I could not get my eyes off her. She was as beautiful as I had remembered her to be. Time stood still as I looked at her, my hands ached to hold her close to me. My eyes were desperate to meet hers, but she did not even glance at me.

" Arnav... you are here.." Sheetal whispered. That's when I realized Sheetal was in the room too. I lost my breath just as soon as I found it as I saw the gun she had pointed straight at Khushi's heart. That was not just Khushi's heart, it was mine too. I froze, I had to be deal with this in the right way.

" Sheetal," I gently called her. She looked at me through her tearful eyes. " Put the gun down," I said, as calmly as I could.

She shook her head, " I cannot. Khushi will hurt me, she wants to hurt us Arnav. She will kill both of us, I ... I am protecting us. Because I love you and she does not. I am saving us."

I glanced at Khushi, she was staring at Sheetal silently. She did not say a word, nor looked at me since I entered the room.

I gulped , " Sheetal , please, put the gun down." She shook her head. Before she could turn to Khushi , I got her attention again, " hey, look at me, I know you are saving me, you are trying to protect us." I walked down the stairs lightly, trying hard not to scare her. " I know, I understand you."