Chapter 18

A fire sword rushed through the spirit just where her hands were clasped in front of a sapphire waistband. Crack! And blue light escaped the spirit as her body vanished in the realm. I felt two strong arms picking me up from my horribly twisted position and lay me on something soft.

I heard the whispering of voices. I felt the same hands tending me. I felt dizzier and dizzier. Through my blurry vision I saw figures lurking around me. Strange shadowy shapes encircled me. It seemed I was walking through a faded memory lane. Before I could figure out anything my vision started blackening again. All I could make out was one of them back-stabbed his companion. And everything went dark.

I felt glimmer of light. I slowly opened my eyes. A molten brown haired man kneeled in front of me. James. His golden brown face was shinning with sweat. I made an attempt to stir when I felt his hand cupping my face. I got up. His clock fell off. He rushed forward to drape me back in it. It took me a while to realise Anna was standing by the door of the cave.

Why are we still here? I was not willing to spend anymore time in this wrecked place.

We cannot find our way back before sunrise.

What happened?

Anna saw you walking away. It seemed you were following something. But we couldnt see. The spirit managed to pull you into her world -another realm. It was by sheer luck that we could passed the barrier with those few seconds. He lifted a chin towards Anna who was examining the walls. Only an elementary crystal can slay a spirit. Just dont make me think what would have happened if we reached a second late.

I wrapped myself tightly in the cloak. The cave was giving me chills. Anna pondered over the cave walls. From the faint light in her hand I recognised some words were formed on them. The language seemed ancient. Forgotten. I tore my eyes off the walls and looked up. The celling was engraved. Long forgotten legends formed on them. Stories which the mortals will never know.

The floor blazed while James pulled logs into the fire. Granite. Two dark eyes reflected on them. Gold flecked black. I whirled back to find void darkness. I looked down again. They were -my eyes. I felt my heavy breathing. There were no gold flecks in my eyes. But they were evidently mine. Before anyone could notice I pulled the hood of the cloak. Cold. I told James as he lifted a brow.

Light flared through the room. The various inscriptions on the walls glowed with blue silver dust. Right where I was bound the inscriptions circled into a ornate of leafy shapes. Slowly somewhat magically a bronze door solidified on the wall. Annas footsteps stopped behind us. Her face was a mask of cold anticipation.

The last two.

Neither of us had to ask what she was talking about. I shot to my feet. And looked at her face. She held my gaze. As if trying to say- put your faith in me. James passed me a pair of daggers and stepped forward. She stood right in between us. Perfect to stop attacks on either side. The doorknob twisted open on its own accord. We stepped in.

A small tunnel led to a circular garden. A garden no mortal land held. A garden thousand years old. Preserved by an art long forgotten. Magic. Centuries ago, the mortals possessed magic. They could shape it at their will. A cursed had befallen the lands on the account of a war. Since then, no power remained with the mortals of Nevadell.

Soft grass shone throughout the floors. Shrubs curled over the walls to form a canopy over the bushes. Flowers grew of every colour. Arranged to form the seven colours of a rainbow. The flower bushes so brightly it seemed gemstones grew on them. On the centre stood a small daisy. Enclosed in a glass case were the Oracles.

It was James who stepped forward. With Annas crystal dagger in hand. I didnt even realise when the dagger shifted from Annas hand. Instead of breaking the glass with the hilt James pierced the case right in the centre. The case graciously split in two. He softly picked up the oracles.

His face was grim as he strode back to us. Something was wrong. He handed the fourth Oracle. When we gave him a look he presented a piece of paper. The paper was old. Even the ink used on it was. It contained two lines written on it.

On account of unholy deeds the fifth ones removed from its place. It remains in the safety of my successors who are known for their eyes.

-Claud.