Chapter 11

The band went to talk to Marisol after school. They had to tell her something about Annika.

"I'm here. What do you guys want?"

"We have something to tell you about Annika."

"Oh."

"She's not as woke as she claims she is."

Marisol looks like she doesn't want to hear it.

"You guys are crazy."

"Are we? We just talk to Dexter Apple in the park. He told us that Annika didn't like sharing the spotlight so she makes up stories about other artists on her dad's label and get them fired. We just talked to her assistant and she told us that she got fired for not bringing her water."

"So, everyone makes mistakes."

"Mari, you need to realize this. She's a fake. She uses politics and social justice for attention, not because she cares on what's going on."

"Really, Manny. You're so stupid. If you really think Annika is faking, why doesn't she admit it?"

"She spit water on me. I tripped because of her. Why do you think I'm lying?"

"I don't have time for this. I gotta go."

"Marisol. Listen here. She's not your friend. We are. We've known you since our freshman year. You're the one who told us we should stay true to our music and not change our sound. Doesn't any of that matter to you?"

Marisol leaves without saying anything.

"She'll figure it out soon."