"Good evening! I'd like a word." Klaus greeted, faking a smile. This was her cue.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel glared at Klaus, obviously angered at the sudden intrusion.

Natalia jumped down from her floor to the ground, gaining the crowd's attention as well as Elijah on the other side of the circle. "It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs!" Elijah announced his presence as the crowd parted made way for him to the centre and did the same to Natalia. They knew better than to stand in their way.

Hearing Elijah said that, she thought, Couldn't be more true.

The two reunited at the centre on either side of the smirking Klaus. "We've come here for the girl. Give it to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you." Elijah demanded to Marcel.

Marcel turned to Natalia, fuming. "You in this?"

Natalia glared back with the same intensity. "I wouldn't have to if you don't disappear and answer one of my million calls."

"I was busy." He responded unconvincingly as Natalia just raised her eyebrow, scoffed and rolled her eyes at his poor excuse. Marcel then turned to Elijah and Klaus. "You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands."

KIaus smiled fakely, but anyone can basically see the fuming steam coming out of him. "Your home, is it?"

Natalia turned to him, instinctively took his hand on her own, rubbing circles soothingly, not wanting him to lash out. Because if Marcel did kidnap Hayley then attacking his vampires weren't the way for him to give her back.

Klaus stiffened at the sudden touch, but once he recognized it was Natalia's, he calmed instantly. She always had that effect on him. He didn't know how but she calmed him down at the mere of her touch.

Once she was sure Klaus was calmed, Natalia pulled back her hand to her side, leaving her own hand missing his warmth and Klaus' missing her touch.

This little interaction might passed the majority of the crowd, but it didn't go unnoticed by Marcel, who was interested. Though he didn't show it, he was slightly shocked at the effect of Natalia to Klaus. He was aware of their infatuation to each other but he didn't expect it to be that much.

"The girl!" Elijah shouted angry, emphasized his impatience of the matter. "I will not ask again."

"I assume you're talking about Hayley?" He asked them. "Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude?" he gestured his hand describing her. "Who is she, anyway?" he asked smirking.

"She's an old friend." Klaus responded calmly. "You know how sentimental I am about old friends." He quipped Marcel.

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Nat did. Hell, I'll even help you find her." Marcel said smugly.

"But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

• • •

Elijah and Klaus were sitting in the courtyard. Some of the vampire fighters were milling around the compound.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah said.

Klaus raised an eyebrow at his brother. "You do realize they can hear you?"

"You do realize I don't care?" Elijah countered back.