|| x ||

january 20th 2019, washington d.c

after i got back i went MIA for about 3 and a half months. no streams, no videos. my fans were disappointed to say the least, but understood. i told them it was for mental health, which is was, but also how was i supposed to go back to normal after all that shit got dumped on me? i also ended up ghosting all my friends, including lucas, but they didn't mind. they knew i was going through it. 

my parents offered to let me stay with them, out near wallops island, but i said no. maybe i should have said yes, wallops island was one of my favorite places to go when i was little. no reason why, wasn't anything there except for the NASA building. something about just drew me in. i also got a job, to bring in extra cash, and i didn't want to rely on my parents any longer. i managed some old white senators twitter, fucking boring but the pay was decent. opened up a little and made some friends that didn't have dominating internet presences. i'd say i'm doing pretty good. 

which brings us to now. 

"i forgot to tell you last time you were here, but some new neighbors moved in. they're lovely, a couple and their lovely baby boy. i think his name was tyler?" my mom said, while cutting an apple for me to eat.

"who? the husband or the baby?" i joked as i took a sip of water. 

"husband, babies name is theodore." my dad muttered without looking away from the newspaper in his hands. 

"i'd love to meet them."

"well we were planning on bringing a cake over later today, i'm sure they won't mind if you tag along." my mom replied.  i helped her bake and decorate the cake, it wasn't super complicated so it went by fast. dad asked me about the "political scene", but i'm pretty sure mom put him up to it to get gossip or whatever. she loved being retired but definitely missed the senators drama.

dad offered to drive us there, something about not wanting mom to pull a muscle while walking, but she insisted on going by herself. forcing me to carry the desert. the walk was a little longer than i expected, but enjoyable nonetheless. snow had settled on the grass and evergreens, glittering when the light hit it. like the whites of a cherry blossom, except with tiny diamonds littered on the surface. the prickly leaves on the evergreens poking out of the snow cover reminding me of springs soon arrival. 

the house stood at the end of the street, a minutes walk away from an elementary school, a short drive from a quaint strip mall with a pharmacy and a grocery store. the perfect place to raise a family. the paint was worn down from generations of kids playing tag around it, each layer revealing a different color. almost like a mark of the ownership changing. blues and browns being very very prevalent. now it was a nice grey, not dark and looming, but light and inviting. the mailbox splintering from standing for god knows how long, and withered flowers lining the driveway. 

we walked up the driveway to the dark red side door, and rang the doorbell. a tall blonde man, who i identified as tyler seeing as he wasn't a baby or a woman, opened it and invited us inside.

"lou! i didn't know you were bringing over friends." he joked, taking the cake from my hands and placing it on the granite counter top.

"i'm her daughter." i replied. "it's very nice to meet you by the way."

"i'm tyler." he said, while extending his arm out.

"y/n." i responded while shaking his outstretched hand. tyler led me to the living room, where his wife and child were sitting. there was also a pleasant surprise waiting for me, one jschlatt reclining on the sofa. 

time skip like a while into the future

"i already put the gremlins to bed if you're wondering." schlatt said while wrapping his arms around me. i was standing on the porch of my parents old home, drinking a cup of tea. the sun setting, staining the sky pinks and oranges. 

"did they ask for a million bedtime stories, or just one?" i asked, initiating eye contact with him.

"just one." he responded as he planted a kiss on my forehead. funny how things turn out, i thought. if you told younger me everything would end up like this, i wouldn't believe you.

after i saw him sitting in the living room we had a long overdue conversation. he was very apologetic, and i was ready to hear his side. we didn't jump right into a relationship, it was gradual, like rolling a boulder up a hill. and it wasn't easy either, but it payed off. 2 kids, a nice home, near his friends and near my parents. the american dream, or whatever you wanna call it. 

"whats going on in that beautiful head of yours." schlatt asked, pulling me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"oh nothing," i replied. "just thinking."

"well then would you fancy a dance m'lady." he said as he bowed down, holding his hand out to help me down the stairs.

"i'd love that." i responded, taking his hand. "m'sir."

a/n: and thats a wrap! the long overdue ending of this story is finally here. i'd like to thank everyone who read this, i never expected it to get to over 800 views. i may write another story, don't know for who yet, so make sure to follow me for updates.

 writing this book has been a incredible journey. seeing what you guys thought, or just your inputs on my music taste, has been the best part of doing this. and i think i've really improved as a fiction writer, so thats a plus.

anyways go drink some water, support female streamers and small creators, and have a WONDERFUL day/night/afternoon.