Chapter 24

"Casandra?" I call out as soon as I enter the kitchen

My body feels like it was on the verge of shutting down at any moment now. I had trouble just getting out of bed to go to the bathroom. Casandra forced me take a rest and sleep more, causing me to take a four-hour nap.

The kitchen was empty and Casandra was nowhere to be seen. Despite the fact that this mansion is massive and hundreds of people live here, it feels rather lonely. Having said that, I never really had the chance to explore the rest of the mansion.

Probably shouldn't.

I take quick glance to the counter where everything took place with one of Adrian's men and I instantly felt even mor sick . Adrian's gun was lodged against the man's forehead when I last saw them.

I don't think it ended well for him.

I exhaled deeply and stepped of out the kitchen. I walk to the grand stairs and immediately stopped when two men appeared.

"Don't worry, everything will go according to plan," a familiar voice said.

I looked up to see Adrian and Ivan making their way towards my direction. They were both dressed in elegant suits, looking incredible. I couldn't take my eyes off Adrian.

I shook my head and turn around to rush back to the kitchen before they notice me.

"Valentina!"

Fuck.

I turn around slowly to see Ivan stood in front of me.

"Were you trying to run away?" he asks, cocking his to the head with a grin.

"No," I say too quickly.

My gaze lands on Adrian who stood behind Ivan with a blank, bored face.

"I'm kidding, were you going to the kitchen?" Ivan asks.

I nod my head. "Yeah, got a little hungry," I give him a small smile. My eyes were still fixed on Adrian and I notice something off about him.

Well if I'm being honest there are so many things off about this man.

He stood behind Ivan uncomfortably as he seemed to be avoiding my eyes.

"Would you like to join me and Adrian for dinner, we're about to head out," Ivan asks and I didn't even hear him until Adrian replaced the bored expression with a scowl on his face.

"Why would she come with u-" Ivan quickly cuts him off. "Valentina?"

"Uhm yeah?" I turn my attention to Ivan.

"Dinner with me and Adrian?" he asks me again still smiling. Adrian sent me a glare, making it clear he didn't want me to go with them.

Adrian gave me a warning look. He wants me to say no.