six

nodding is the only response that came from you as reality hits you once again

how could i forget that also i can't afford being typical.

he traces his fingers on your bare shoulder gingerly and you can feel the pain there fading away slowly, giving you a hint that he has supernatural abilities to heal. you stare at him for a while, not in amusement or because of his ethereal beauty but with pure questions and doubts.

why would he want you to heal? does that make him your well-wisher? you definitely isn't buying it. because even if you were really young back to then, when you used to survive in that world like any other humans, you surely acquired enough comprehension about how mankind works.

if they do favors, they must be expecting it to be returned someday. if it can't be returned yet they have to be benefited somehow. selfishness or greed? whatever it is, surely is a threat to you and you know it.  obviously positivity says it is called helping each other in their difficult times but for you, it isn't. you know that you have no worth to help anyone, not even yourself. someone like him is far away.

"have you got wounds on your chest...perhaps?" yeonjun questions, examining how your overwhelmed face has gone back to that desolation he saw in you earlier at the trading outlet.

"no." you reply, without stuttering and pause a bit before adding, "waist h-hurts."

basing on how your back has been aching less now and shoulders feel completely fine, you won't deny to this chance of getting rid of all the physical pain. once your body gets cured, you'll try to do something.

but who will heal your mental health? the damage that happened is beyond heal and you no longer is interested in getting saved. but you don't wanna die alone either way. that would be really unfair to not give the people who did this to you, the taste of their own actions. this is how you think, this is why you breath.

yeojun, he who doesn't have the power to read minds, but can always guess anyone because of the brain and instincts he has been blessed with, make a quick downward motion of his head deliberately.
he tugs your shirt upwards and gestures you to hold it as your mutilated abdomen comes in view. he curses under his breath, staring at every scar intensely whereas you gaze at the space with your tired eyes.

he carefully rubs your skin with a sterilized napkin soaked in water, to clean the dried blood, making your epidermis diluted then antiseptic, ices lastly band aids and all.

now that it's all done, he gets up from the bed to keep the stuffs somewhere else meanwhile you take it as a chance to cover yourself up properly.

yeonjun comes back with medicines and a glass of water. glancing at the water, you remember how you were starving for days. however, in this moment, your stomach isn't grumbling owing to hunger. similarly, your throat is not crying for a single drop of water.

that's pretty much questionable.

he takes out a capsule and offers you as you don't hesitate to take it. because, you don't want him to say it twice or his patience to be tested.

a chuckle leaves his mouth after following the words, "good girl."

you put the pill in your mouth before finishing the glass of water. of course not. it feels really invalid to take a pill from a dangerous stranger, not like you have any other options. still there's no way, you would not try to make an attempt.

your tongue steadily hides the pill under it as you keep wondering what can it be for?

what if this is simply a poison? what if this makes me insane?

so many what ifs clouding your mind but you decide to just watch him doing whatever he does.

conversely, your plan fails. it is like he can track your tricks very easily. yeonjun takes another capsule and swallows it, looking at you with a raised eyebrow.

"see? it's safe, just a calcium tablet to give strength to your bones. don't make me sad or angry." he says while his eyes boring into yours, your scared ones.

you are surprised how he just explained it to you, a part of you was expecting him to hit you already for disobeying him twice in day one.

you gulp, allowing the pill to pass down your throat. he smiles in return of your action while on the contrary, you glance at him in complete disbelief.

"goodnight y/n. you'll be all healthy and better when you wake up."

-

the birds chirruping intermittently through the windows disturb your light sleep as you wake up lazily and stretch your arms. for a second, you thought you were the sixteen years old y/n, getting up from sleep to hurry for school.

even birds exist here.

your body feels relaxed, and strangely all the scars are nowhere to be seen. you do feel refreshed, although it doesn't last long when you see a female figure dressed up in a black spaghetti strap loose cami top and a high waisted black jeans, standing beside you and judging you silently. not to mention, you still haven't got the chance to look around the entire room.

panic seizes you at first, but then you remember that you have nothing to be panicked about.

"good morning ma'am!" the young lady bows a little afterwards smiles at you. you stare at her in silence and notice how beautiful she is! her big moonlid eyes, sharp nose and small yet sharp face amaze you, specially her upward slanted sharp cat-eyes.

she slowly fixes her ocherous colored straight and long hair, awkwardly smiling at you. her eyebrows raise a bit in a 'ohh it skipped my mind' way as she says, "aah you can't talk. can you hear me?"

you perceived how weirdly you had been staring at her, therefore nod at her question.

everyone here looks so surreal. oh wait- my owner didn't tell anyone about my voice yet? i most probably shouldn't make the mistake to talk again unless it is me asking him questions. i didn't get the chance yesterday to talk properly but would he answer me? wouldn't i make him mad?

you wonder for a while where is he and why this girl is here instead of yeonjun to figure out nothing.

"i'm yeji, at your service. i'm your new maid to serve you and teach you the rules here to help you out ma'am." she introduces herself, smiling brightly as your mouth drops.

why on earth would a pathetic pet like me have a maid when i am the one being bought for slavery in the first place?

"first, let us bathe you as you look like you need one. then after your morning routine, comes your breakfast time. after that, i'm ordered to doll you up and then we will see what happens."

(A/n): my online exams will finish tomorrow yehee.

Tysm
Take care of yourself and
Keep supporting XOXO