15.

The weekend is here, well not really it's Friday. I count it as the weekend.
Tomorrow my mother will arrive and spend the weekend with us. I am happy to have my mom help distract me from the pain in my chest. I haven't talked to Ethan since he left my house.

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and focus back on work. I finish up the bike I was working on and filling out the paperwork for it.

I leave to pick up Isabelle. On our walk home she tells me about her day and how happy she is to see her BeBe. (Blake's Mother/grandma nickname)
When we get to our door we see two people waiting for us.
Isabelle and I look at each other before looking back at the two people at our door.

Isabelle: "BeBe!!!!! And Prince!!!!"

When we get closer to the door Isabelle let's go of my hand and runs forward. She hugs her BeBe first and then jumps on her prince..

I pause where I am. My mother is a day early not surprising that's normal. Ethan showing up is surprising... I wasn't expecting to see him so soon.

I clear my throat and continue toward them. I give my mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Blake: "Hello, mom. How was your trip?" "Ethan I didn't know you were coming by today?"

Blake's mother: "my trip was good I'm glad to finally be here."

Ethan: "umm... I wanted.. to um speak to you if you had time. Umm it's okay if you don't uh I'll go bye Isabelle."

Isabelle: "No! You can't leave yet prince. Daddy tell prince not to leave."

Blake: "I have time to talk with you always. Come in"

I open the door and let Isabelle and my mom inside first then, I let Ethan in before walking in and shutting the door.

Blake: "ma I'm going to talk with him please entertain your favorite granddaughter."

Blake's Mother: "my only granddaughter."

I lead Ethan to my room and let him go in first. I shut the door behind me.

Ethan: "I'm sorry I just showed up. I wasn't going to and then I just realized that I was in front of your door waiting for you to show up."

Blake: "Hey it's okay. I have never minded you being here. I told you that you are always welcome and that still stands. Would you like to stay for dinner?"

Ethan: "umm maybe let me get this out first and then we will see."

Blake: "okay what is it that you want to talk to me about?"

Ethan: "okay so when I left I told you that I wasn't ready and I think you took it the wrong way. I didn't mean that I wasn't ready to be with a guy with a kid. Isabelle is amazing and you are also amazing. You are an amazing father and I would love to be part of this family but I can't."

Blake: "okay I did misunderstood. You are cute when you ramble just had to tell you that. I have one question... why can't you?"

Ethan: " I'm not out... okay it's confusing because I came out before but my parents didn't approve and tried the "pray the gay out" and "you just need god" so I 'turned' straight. I've had girlfriends that never lasted. I've had fake girlfriends. So I turned straight it's hard for me to be out with a boyfriend. You are worth more then being a secret. You deserve better Isabelle deserves better. I told you I was gay and it was so easy and I went home that night and cried because I wish it could always be that easy."

I don't say anything. I pull Ethan into my arms and hug him. I feel his shoulders shake slightly. I kiss his temple.

Blake: "Thank you for opening up to me and telling me why you believe you can't be with me. It will never be easy to be gay sweetheart but, I am willing to hold you during the hard parts and kiss you during the good parts. You have to be willing to hold me back. We don't have to be open with our relationship we can go as slowly as you want. I just want you by my side."

His hold on me gets tighter and his shoulders shake more. I stand there and hold him. I let him cry and hug me. I don't know how long we stayed in the room.

After a while he pulls away he smile at me. I wipe his tears with my thumb and kiss his forehead.

When we leave the room Isabelle is sleeping and my mom is watching a show on the tv.

Blake: "Ma this is Ethan the guy I like."
Ethan looks at me shocked and his cheeks flush red.
I smile and my mom smiles at us both.

Blake's Mother: "Hello Ethan, I am Violet Stone. I'm glad that I have met you."

Ethan smiles shyly at my mom

Ethan: "it's nice to meet you Ms. Stone."
Violet: "Please Violet is fine or you can call me as the princess does BeBe or Blake calls me Ma. Whichever you feel comfortable with."

My mom gives Ethan a hug and let's us know that she will be making dinner tonight and to enjoy the night with the princess.

We sit on the couch Ethan talks about how his classes are going and what has happened while we didn't talk. Isabelle wakes up and climbs into Ethan's lap to continue to listen to his stories of his week. I give both of them a smile.