💔Jail Break💔

AU: Human/Deliquent

Genre: Angst💔, Rebel 🩸

Summary: Steven is no longer the friendly, straight-A student with a perfect life. He's no longer the church-boy goody 2 shoes everyone knew him as. How did the loveable, cuddly Steven Universe turn into this new heartless monster? He tells his tale to one of the juvenile cops, and he must say, he is surprised at the young teen's story.

Published: 5/7/21

Requested by: Flamesoidierking

* * * * *

The room was fairly chilly and light was fairly limited. He had been sitting here waiting for his correctional officer for...what was it...? Maybe 15 minutes, maybe 30. Maybe even close to an hour. However long, Steven could wait longer. After all he had all the patience in the world. Though he had to admit, waiting here all day was pretty damn boring, even for him. Then again it took a while last time he was here, so he had no idea why he expected any change with this system.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to give him a hot meal while he waited.

Finally, after what seemed like a dark eternity, the door creaked open and an officer walked in. He was pretty tall, and judging by how buff he was, he definitely used to be in the army. If Steven made one move without permission he would probably be dismembered by this man. Opposite his shiny badge read the name J. Morris.

"Well, well, well, I've heard some things about you, Steven." Officer Morris began with a menacing stare. "You've been here before, I've heard. If I'm correct, you were in juvie for 6 months for possession of a weapon."

Steven frowned at the memory of that whole incident. That whole thing would change his life forever. "Yeah..."

The officer looked at his clipboard with furrowed brows. "And according to your record, since you got out you've been caught with cocaine, your grades have lowered drastically, and..." He paused for a moment. "Assault?"

Steven didn't answer.

"I was honestly surprised when I heard a star student such as yourself would get involve in such scandals. Your teacher spoke highly of you, calling you her best student, the people loved you, and you could have had numerous scholarships. Your GPA was a little over 4.0, perfect attendance. Honestly, someone like you would be in the Honors courses and would never be involved in such things." Officer Morris looked deep into the boy's dark brown eyes, and it was like there was no soul in them. There were eyebags under his eyes, an old scar below his eye, and just looking at him made him wonder...

How did a young spiritied, straight A student turn into an emo, barely pulling up a C deliquent?

"I hope you know you're facing 7 months for assault and possession of marijuana, son." He finally stated. But there was still hardcore confusion on his face. "I just can't imagine you even holding a gun."

"Let me tell you something, pal..." Steven's voice was one of the scariest things Officer Morris had heard. He leaned towards the man and put his elbows on the table, a smirk on his darkened face. "When you guys put me in the slammer for a crime I didn't commit, I was the most pissed off I've ever been in my life. You won't believe me when I say this. That gun wasn't mine. But guess what, no one believes the innocent anymore, and my case was pure evidence of that. Those 6 months were the worst and best 6 months of my life, I'll say. Even if it was for no reason."

Officer Morris crossed his buffed arms, trying to hide he was even the slightest bit intimidated by a teenager. "There was evidence the gun was yours. It was in your backpack. That's solid evidence right there. Witnesses saw it in your possession."