"Bribed the house elves"

"You really do like me don't you?" I smile.

"Did you ever doubt me? Oh wait....you did. Ok changing the subject....sit, sit" He says nervously.

I smirk and sit down on the blanket he'd laid out.

"Um...can I have my hand back? Kinda need it to eat..." I look down at my hand which he was still holding.

"No I think I'll keep it" he says nonchalantly.

We eat and talk and laugh and catch up on all we had missed while fighting.

After we finished eating we laid on the grass and look up at the sky.

"So... am I ever gonna get my hand back or..." I ask holding up my hand which he had held the whole date.

"You managed to eat without it." He shrugs "and now you'll have to stay with me forever, even when I mess up"

"Yeah...and that brings me to this...Why did you ask Alicia to the ball?" I ask and turn on my side to face him.

It was the question him and I had both been dreading. But I needed an answer.

"I- I truly don't know..." he sighs and keeps looking up.

"Mhmm"

"I can get the veritaserum if you like? I think we still have more..." he says defensively.

"No, that's alright" I sigh and look back up at the sky as well.

It's quiet for a moment but the George says,

"I was scared."

"Hmm?"

"I was scared that I didn't meet your standards... I mean look at you. You have guys practically swooning over you at every turn and I was afraid I wouldn't live up to them."

I can't help but start laughing.

"Hey I just opened up to you here! You could at least take me serious this once" He snaps.

"I- I'm sorry George but that's hilarious. You think guys are- swooning over- over me? That's gold, I mean you're kidding right?" I get out between laughs.

"What's funny about that?" He asks.

"Well you couldn't be more far off. About that and about you not meeting my standards." I reply.

"Wow you're oblivious but ok, better for me if you don't know"

"Ok, when have you ever seen a guy interested in me?" I question.

"Well there's me and that one boy from Slytherin and the one from Ravenclaw..."

"I know you're just trying to make me feel better. And though it's not working, I appreciate it." I smile at him.

He smiles back at me and we both go back to watching the clouds.

"So, when did you start fancying me?" He asks.

"Come on!"

"We're asking questions here. I answered yours." He argues.

"Fine...Hmm let me think I guess near then end of 5th year," I shrug "what about you Georgie, when did you begin to fall hopelessly in love with me?" I joke.

"Very funny. But I think after Christmas break 5th year" he answers.

"Hmm so you liked me first" I grin.

"Uh.. I guess...why?" He asks nervously.

"Oh nothing, nothing...just that you liked me first" I smile to myself.

"What, is that like something to be proud of?"

"Pretty much" I reply.

"Oh, ok then" he chuckles. And we go back to silence for a little bit. "I missed this, you. Fred did too." He begins again.

"Of course you did, I'm awesome"

"You are..." he turns towards me and stares for a moment.

"What?"

"I like you a lot y/n"

"Yeah you made that pretty clear last night." I chuckle.

"Just thought I'd remind you" he says and kisses my knuckles on the hand he was holding.

"Y'know when I first met you I thought you were just an idiot who couldn't tell the difference between his twin brother and a teenage girl" I begin.

"And...?"

"Oh, I still think that" I reply. He lightly shoves my head and laughs.

"But now, I think that you're an idiot who is good at bribing house elves for spaghetti." I grin.

"No not this again" he sighs.

"ITS LITERALLY SO GOOD!" I shout while George bursts out laughing.

***

Its late evening when George walks me back to the Hufflepuff common room, still holding my hand.

"Ok I'm actually gonna need this back now"

"But, what if I just come with you?" He smiles.

"Haha, no. But thank you, this was an amazing date" I reply.

"Your welcome." He beams.

"Well Goodnight Georgie" I say and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Aww come on! I got you spaghetti. One more right here." He points to his lips.

"Like I said, idiot." I sigh and give him a peck on the lips.

"Ok that's all, Goodnight" he has the biggest smile on his face.

He walks away and I slip into the common room, expecting it to be empty. I was mistaken.

There, waiting impatiently on the couch, was Charlotte.

"There you are! What happened, I need details."

"Don't you have a life of your own?" I ask.

"Yeah, but yours is so much more interesting" she sighs.

"Ok fine, he took me on a picnic and we talked and watched the sky and talked and we actually talked so much we were there to watch the sunset" I tell her.

"That sounds so sweet" she smiles.

"It was, I can honestly say, that was the best date ever"

"But...that's been your only date ever..." Charlotte reminds me.

"Shut up, let me have my moment"