(2)

The doctor and I walked in the halls. This place was sort of futuristic looking, but not to the extent. More like an apocalypse setting. The doctor then stopped. "Wait here would you?" He asked as he walked inside a door and closed it. I sat outside and leaned against the wall. So I am compatible but only smidge... I wonder if I'll die with the test? I heard shuffling and looked up to see a tall man with a hood on. He had a blue jacket on and it was unzipped. He wore a yellow dress shirt with a blue tie underneath. His pants were baggy and he wore what seemed to be boots underneath, I couldn't tell.

He seemed... off. Like he was angry and sad at the same time. I somehow can feel people's emotions. Not to the fullest extent, but to a certain degree. I guess it's what my mom said. "You were blessed with a tender heart and a way to feel people." Is what she usually spoke of. I guess the guy felt me staring and looked up from the ground. Now I could see dark blue eyes and whitest hair. "What?" He asked with a harsh tone. I turned my head to the side to focus on something else. "If you look at someone.. you usually have something to say. Well?"

"I'm just taking you in. I'm new and all-"

"I don't care." The guy said and crossed his arms. "Why... did you ask in the first place?" He was silent and I glared a bit at him. Asshole... I then tapped the wall a bit. How long is that doctor talking in there? I asked myself and I felt a hard gaze on me. My eyes glanced over to see him staring. I hummed and he coughed and looked away. Now who's looking at who? I wanted the doctor to go ahead and come out the room so I didn't have to stand here awkwardly with this person...

After a whole fifteen minutes of silence the door finally opened. The doctor came out, "Ok! Let's get going the director will be waiting for us in the other hanger."

"Hmm." I nodded as the guy looked up from his hood again. "A new God Arc?" He asked through a harsh tone. The doctor stopped and looked at him, "Well Soma, we are in dire need. And she came here unannounced, so we have to get the best we got. If she doesn't pass the test I doubt she'll stay here." The doctor explained to the man named Soma. Soma huffed, "Both are death wishes." He said before walking ahead and opening the door. We both stood there anxiously. Mostly me. Is becoming a God Arc that bad? I asked myself. The doctor placed a hand on my shoulder, "Don't listen to Soma. He's been in rough patches here and there. He's also sort of a lone wolf when it comes to anything."

"Huh? So he works alone?"

"Not necessarily... he works with the 1st unit ran by Lindow Amimiya, which I doubt who he is." The doctor laughed and I watched the door for a while before walking with him.

~~~~~~~~~

When we finally reached the hanger that the doctor mentioned, the doors slid open along with a loud siren as if something bad was about to happen. My stomach started to do flips, my mouth was dry, and my hands were clammy. I didn't know what a God Eater was... all I knew is that people who had it, was somehow powerful... and I was somehow one.

"This way." The doctor said and stepped inside to see a giant mechanism. It had what looked like a sword and a giant round thing on it as well. "Just walk ahead, the director will ask you several questions. Then after that they'll test you to see if you are in fact compatible." He said and walked off. What?! I was panicking a bit but took a deep breath.

My legs walked forward to hear someone on the speakers. "Hello. You are new here and your name is Victoria. Correct?"

"Y-Yes sir!" I squeaked. There was some shuffling then the voice came back, "Looks like your blood type seems to look compatible to our god arcs. I'm sort of glad the doctor went ahead and notified us, but that doesn't mean anything yet. We have yet to see your compatibility percentage." I looked up to see a man with blonde hair and had a mic in his hand along with two other people. He must be the director. "Now I have a one more question, are you willing to become a God Eater? To erase your humanity, to save other's humanity?"

"I... I really don't know... I don't know what I'm looking forward to." I muttered. "It looks like a lot has happened. Humanity dying I... I don't know what's really going on-"

"Seems like you were under the influence of amnesia..." the director said, "Well. We are in the brink of extinction. An organism called the Aragami have evolved into these mutated creatures that eat anything organic." My eyes widened, "Aragami... I heard about it and God Eaters... but... how big of a threat are they?" I asked and the director sighed, "It's dire. As of now, we have only a small percent of humanity living within our walls we have yet to see any more survivors."

"Oh..."

"But you do seem to be a person who is willing to save humanity, even if you are scared." How would he know that? I didn't say anything. "Maybe I don't know... the God Arcs where I'm most frustrated."

"Oh?"

"They are made from Aragami.... but how... how do you give away humanity to become one? Do you... kill people?" Silence filled the air and somehow I regretted my question. "No. We inject something called an Oracle cell, once we inject you with it, your body will start to feel pain. That will be the Aragami inside the God Arc going in your veins, seeing if you for them or not." Oh I do not like the sound of pain... pain is the last thing I want. But this man was somehow wanting me to actually become one, the doctor did at least. The director said he was glad to here about it, what would have happened if the doctor didn't say anything?

"Step up to the God Arc." The Director commanded and I gulped and began to step up. Here it is... "Place your right hand into the metal plate. I did and flinched when it clamped shut. Suddenly a strong stab of pain went through my arm. I shrieked and held on for dear life as if the pain was about to pull me. "Seems good. Your vitals are still stable."

How on Earth is it still stable... I'm about to pass out! My eyes blinked a few times to see blurry vision. I legit was going to pass out. The pain then calmed down a bit and became almost similarly pressing a finger against a bruise. My breath was hitched and out of tune. Sweat beaded down my head, arms, and chest. Was it over? There was a sound of click and the circle thing on my wrist came off the weapon. Stuck to my arm. "Congratulations. You are an official God Eater."