"Wangji, who is this disciple? "

Xie Lian asked stiffly, and the room instantly quieted down. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren looked at the man whose face now had the same angered look when he first came. Lan Wangji bowed low to Xie Lian and said.

"Su Minshan, Su She."

"A disciple of the Lan clan of Gusu. Right? "

Hua Cheng asked, finger tips rubbing over E-Ming's handle. He looked at Lan Qiren with a smile on his lips. The question did not need an answer, Lan Wangji knew that but he answered.

"Yes"

"Lans can do this?
What happened to Lans don't lie, Lan Qiren? "

Hua Cheng asked, his voice raising as he walked closer to a frozen Lan Qiren. Lan Qiren looked at the man in front him, his sword was still lying on the floor. Lan Xichen had sheathed his sword sometime earlier and took a non threatening stance. Hua Chneg gripped E-Ming's handle tightly and seeing this Wei WuXian gasped.

"A-Diē. The Lan sect will handle matters themselves. Please don't do anything. "

Ignoring Wei WuXian who was now struggling in Xie Lian's arms, Hua Cheng took another step closer to where Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen was standing. Without the barrier everyone present could clearly see that both men had a very angry expression on their face and the amount of spiritual energy radiating from them was oppressive.

"You have punished my son for drinking alcohol within your sect, that matter is over. And even beaten him unjustly too. Over two hundred strikes! I do not regret it, you say?
What do you have to say now Lan Qiren?"

Lan Qiren flicked his sleeve and turned his face to the right. He could no longer speak confidently while looking the man in his eye. He needed to say something, he gritted out the words.

"For all I care, you maybe lying too. Why should I believe.
This. Thing?? "

"What we heard is the truth."

Lan Wangji said without any hesitation. Everyone turned to look at him and he looked back at Lan Qiren's surprised face. The events of today was too much. Lan Qiren's face looked confused for some time then the words sunk in and he yelled.

"WHAT? "

"Wangji?"

Lan Xichen asked walking to stand beside his brother. Lan Wangji did not waver, nodding to himself he continued to speak still looking at Lan Qiren.

"There were no signs of fighting in the room.
I am not hurt in any way.
Su Minshan sheathed his sword and greeted me as soon as I sat up just like we heard.
The butterflies are harmless too."

Lan Qiren looked at his nephew without saying anything. Everyone now understood what had happened, the truth was out but the punishment was already given to the wrong person. Lan Qiren could not think anymore, he took a step closer to Lan Wangji and yelled.

"WANGJI YOU-"

"SHUT UP! Just shut up. Lan Qiren.  Will you just please stop yelling at children."

Xie Lian was shaking again and Lan Qiren was now lying on the floor. Hua Cheng had sent a wave of spiritual energy, throwing the man off his feet. Lan Xichen knelt beside his uncle and helped him get up. Staggering, Lan Qiren got up and looked at the powerful people before him.

Xie Lian was filled with rage, how could someone yell at children. Putting blame on others, yelling at children, everything was hurting. Watching Lan Wangji looking at his own uncle in shock was hurting too much. Xie Lian lost his anger, he cannot shout anymore, not in front of these children. He pursed his lips and shook his head.

"Don't tell me, you don't even believe your own nephew."

Hua Cheng asked with his cold voice looking straight at the man who had his head slightly lowered afraid to meet anyones eyes. Lan Xichen filched visibly, hearing the tone. Lan Wangji walked to where his brother was standing and helped support his uncle.

"Lan Qiren! Are you satisfied with everything now?"

Hua Cheng asked talking another step towards Lan Qiren. The hall felt suffocating from the sheer power of the men. A few seconds of complete silence and then Lan Qiren raised his head and said.

"I -"

"Don't. Don't say another word.
Or I might change my mind."

Hua Cheng waved his hand in front of Lan Qiren's face as he spoke. The disciples who had lowered their head earlier, looked up. Lan Qiren also looked up.

"On not killing every last one of you."

Hua Cheng's voice reached everyone's ears. The Lan disciples present in the hall staggered back a few steps while Master Lan and ZeWu-Jun looked at him in horror. Hua Cheng sighed loudly and said.

"But I won't. My son doesn't approve of that."

When Hua Cheng finished his words, almost everyone in the room sighed in relief. The doors to the punishment Hall was closed the whole time, so everyone startled and turned towards the front doors when someone knocked on the doors.

"Master Lan? ZeWu-Jun?"

Some muffled voices came from outside. It has been too long since the doors were closed and some disciples were continuously knocking on the doors.

"A-Xian, you are coming back with us. We are going home now."

Xie Lian said to Wei WuXian and started walking towards the opposite door, the door where he came from. Wei WuXian looked around, at Lan Wangji at Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang. They just stared at his leaving back.

"But. But. I want to- "

Wei WuXian protested. Xie Lian stopped drawing the array on the wooden door and walked back to his son. Hua Cheng stood there with his hands crossed over his chest watching the terrified occupants of the room. Everyone had their heads lowered slightly, not meeting his eye.

"You need to come with us baby. When I rushed to come here, your uncles, they saw me. They understood that something was wrong here. We need to show them that you are alright.
Or. You know what will happen next. They'll come here looking for you."

Xie Lian said caressing his son's hair. Wei WuXian's eyes widened hearing his Baba's words.

"A-Ah? Jiujius know? Everyone at the Court knows? They know about this? Are they angry?"

"Very very angry A-Xian.
Your Xuan-shushu aslo knows. "

Hua Cheng said gently tapping Wei WuXian on his head. Wei WuXian raised his hand and held his A-Diē's hand and shook it vigorously.

"No. No. They can't come here, it will not end well.
But, Baba can I come back? After meeting them?"

"We'll talk about it later."

Xie Lian said turning to looked at Lan Wangji for a second. Xie Lian turned around and opened the door. Once again, everyone could see the beautiful scenery beyond the doors. Wei WuXian turned to look at Lan Wangji.

"Lan Zhan, then I'm leaving?"

"Mm"

Lan Wangji said. Wei WuXian stared at Lan Wangji, he did not know whether he was seeing things or was Lan Wangji really smiling. 'Lan Zhan is smiling? ' Wei WuXian smiled back, a smile showing all his teeth.

"Mm. Okay then."

Xie Lian walked through the door, holding Wei WuXian and Hua Cheng also stepped in. Wei WuXian looked at his brother and friend. He waved at them as he said.

"Jiang Cheng, Nie-Xiong. I'll come to see you soon. "

The door closed and everyone stared at the dark wooden door in front of them. ZeWu-Jun walked with shaking steps towards the same door and opened it. The sight beyond it was not the blue skies and golden Palaces but just another chamber of Cloud Recesses.