2|Yiling|

"Wei Ying"

The sun rose lighting up the sky, few people started to appear here and there on the streets. People were setting up their shops and talking among themselves as the two of them walked through the crowd undisturbed. Soon the market place became lively and many shops were opened.

"Gege, How will we find him? "

Hua Cheng suddenly asked as he looked around the market and the bustling surrounding. He was still in his real form with maple-red robes, silver vambraces and black boots with silver chains dangling as he walked. Xie Lian was wearing his usual white taoist robes looking really beautiful in the warm morning light of Yiling.

Hua Cheng's extremely handsome face and the pale white skin which glowed in the morning sunlight attracted attention towards them. The two handsome men walking through a common market place in the early morning was a sight to behold.

"I don't really know San lang"

Xie Lian said honestly. There was no response from his husband so he turned around to look at his face.

"Oh"

Hua Cheng replied while still looking around searching for the child but he could not help but notice the stares they were reciving. Xie Lian also looked around to find that many maidens were watching them, giggling and talking in hushed tones. 'They are just simply looking at us San Lang.' He chuckled while covering his mouth with his hand.

Hearing the chuckle Hua Cheng whipped his head around to Xie Lian. Xie Lian looked at his husband in the eye still smiling brightly. 'Ah Gege looks so beautiful, no wonder they were staring.' Hua Cheng called him with a fake pout.

"Gege~"

"Wei Ying has beautiful smile. "

Xie Lian gave an input still smiling, before his husband could go into more pouting. He pated Hua Cheng's shoulder twice after saying this and walked forward leaving behind the Supreme Ghost king. Hua Cheng smirked and quickly followed his husband.

"But Gege's smile is the most beautiful."

Hua Cheng whispered into Xie Lian's ear. Hearing such words while in a public place made Xie Lian flustered. He so covered his face with hoth his hands because of the embarrassment.

"Stop it. San Lang~ "

Xie Lian's voice came out muffled through his hands and Hua Cheng laughed lightly feeling quite pleased with himself.

There was a small village ahead of them. They reached the village at the end of the Yiling market and there was an old man sitting on the porch of the first house, weaving bamboo straw.

"Let's ask that man."

Hua Cheng said and Xie Lian nodded happy to be one step closer to finding Wei Ying. They walked to the old man. Seeing two handsome men walking towards him the old man stood up from his seat smiling while brushing his robes.

"Young masters do you need some help from this old man?"

The old man asked as he smiled at the two of them. He looked at Hua Cheng and was returned by a blank stare so he laughed awkwardly and turned his gaze to Xie Lian. Xie Lian smiled and addressed the old man.

"Good Master, we are looking for a family."

"Ah! Yes."

The old man nodded his head vigorously. His days were spend on just farming his piece of land and sitting idly, so he was excited to meet such good looking people. He really liked telling stories to the town's children so he was quite happy to have someone talk to him.

"With surname Wei."

Xie Lian said and seeing the old man's excitement made him smile more. The old man's wide smile fell as he heard that. He looked confused for few seconds because with his age he practically knew every single person living in Yiling.

"There are no townspeople with surname Wei."

Xie Lien clearly remembered the woman saying that their child was in Yiling. ' alone! He is alone. I need to find him fast. ' The happiness he felt in reaching Yiling disappeared and his little hope in finding the child were being crushed

Old man saw the smile fading away from the boy in front of him. ' I think I have heard this name somewhere but where? ' He wanted to help them find the person they were looking for so he thought and thought and he finally remembered. The old man clapped his hands and said excitedly.

"There was two travelling cultivators who stayed at a small house at the end of the village. This old man isn't sure but I think that man was surnamed Wei."

Hearing this Xie Lian was filled with newfound hope, he smiled brightly and stepped closer to the old man. Hua Cheng who was just standing with his hands crossed in the back also looked at the old man expectantly. Xie Lian's face lit up as he asked hurriedly.

"Did they have a son, about three or four years old?"

The old man nodded his head once again with a big smile on his face. He said.

"Yes yes, a little boy. Too little of you ask me. A sweet little boy."

Xie Lian was happy to hear that, he turned and beamed at his husband as relief flooded him. ' So Wei Ying must be in that house waiting for his parents. ' Hua Cheng held Xie Lian's hands and smiled back at him feeling relieved himself because the frown on Xie Lian's face had disappeared.

"But young masters, I think they left town some time ago. "

"Why do you say that?"

Hua Cheng asked quickly not wanting to make Xie Lian sad once again. Xie Lian stayed silent because he knew why the old man said that. He knew both of them were dead and the child was all alone somewhere in Yiling.

"This old man haven't seen them in weeks. "

"What? In weeks? "

Xie Lian was confused and desperate now. He was very much sure that the mother had died just last night and there was no need for the old man to lie to them. 'So Wei Ying has been all alone. For weeks?'

"I indeed haven't seen both the cultivators in weeks. But... "

The old man trailed off tapping in chin with his fingers. Xie Lian was filled with hope once again because he needed to find the child at any cost. Hua Cheng frowned seeing the sadness on Xie Lian's face.

"But what?"

San lang snapped stepping forward. The old man took a step back and smiled weakly at Hua Cheng but no words left his mouth while looking at that man. So he looked at Xie Lian and smiled. He said.

"Young masters this old man is not sure but I think I might have seen the child roaming in Yiling market few days ago."

Hua Cheng narrow his eye and looked at the old man. The old man chuckled lightly and looked down. He looked at Xie Lian to see a worried expression on his face. The old man sighed and shook his head. He said.

"I'm not so sure if that's the same child. I don't know anything anymore but if you want I can take you to their house."

"Then we will have to trouble you with that. "

Xie Lian said and smiled at the old man. The old man ran up the steps to his house and locked the door. He came back running and started walking in the direction of the house. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng followed behind the man as he took them past many houses to the very end of the village. There stood a small house facing a big field.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng stood before the closed doors of the shabby looking old cottage. Xie Lian knocked on the door but there was no response. He knocked few more times and still there was no response. Hua Cheng placed a hand on Xie Lian's shoulder and said.

"Gege, let me. "