16|Birthday|

Sneaking back to your own home at midnight only to find it ridiculously empty, no lights, no sound and no people is quite alarming. It was way more alarming to Wei WuXian that there were not even a single ghost in the entire Ghost City on the day of ghost festival. Wei Wuxian was terrified as he tiptoed through the gate, suddenly...

The entire courtyard lit up with red lanterns and almost all inhabitants of the Ghost City were present at Paradise Manor. ' What in the three realms is happening here? ' Wei Wuxian blinked few times and he saw his fathers standing at the front of the massive crowd and smiling at him. Wei Wuxian has no idea about a single thing that was happening around him. He was just on his way back home from an unapproved night hunt with Jiang Cheng.

"Surprise!"

Everyone yelled at the same time and Wei WuXian's soul left his body for few seconds at their high volume. He looked around to see the entire courtyard decorated and to his surprise ' more surprise ha...' there was a big lotus pond to his right which he was hundred percent sure that did not exist yesterday. ' Dad did you just kidnap an entire pond from somewhere? '

Wei Wuxian took a deep breath to take in all the 'surprise' only to smell food, he looked to his left to see many many tables filled with food 'food? What am I missing? Oh..oh...aiyaa How could I forget'

"A-Xian Happy birthday"

"Happy birthday baby"

Wei Wuxian saw his parents are now in front of him wishing him happy birthday. He smiled at them biting back tears, he threw himself into their arms. He hugged them tight and they pat his back.

"Baba, why all this?"

Wei Wuxian asked Xie Lian as soon as he was free enough to say other words than "thank you" for all the wishes he had been receiving in the last hour. His A-Diē was standing a little far away talking to his Xuan shushu. Xie Lian gave his son his usual gentle smile while caressing his face and said.

"Baby it's your fifteenth birthday and... It's so wonderful to think that it's already been ten years since you barged into our lives. "

"I didn't barge into yours, you barged into mine. "

"It's all the same A-Xian. It's all the same. "

Xie Lian said hugging his son once again. The night sky lights up, both of them looked up to see many paper lanterns floating up the sky. Hua Cheng came and stood by his husband and son, he circled his hands around both and holding them close. After watching for sometime Wei Wuxian could not help but tease with a huge smile.

"A-Diē I am sure it is less than three thousand. "

"Of course it's less than three thousand. Who do you think you are?"

Hua Cheng huffed with a smug face looking at Wei WuXian in disbelief for even saying such a thing. Xie Lian laughed seeing his most favorite people happy.

"I don't know. Your son? "

Wei Wuxian asked and all three of them shared a laugh.

The next morning Wei Wuxian woke up in his room, he could not remember when the party ended or when everyone left or how he reached his room. 'Wei Wuxian , it's already noon' he thought as he walked into his balcony and took one look at the moon.

Wei Wuxian saw his fathers eating lunch, literally feeding each other and he quickly walked away from them. He internally rolled his eyes at the sight of his fathers being all lovey dovey. He sighed and plopped on a chair very far away from them

"My life is too difficult. "

After lunch Wei Wuxian found himself in a room full of gifts, most from his parents, some from all his uncles and aunts and others from his Ghost acquaintances. His fathers were currently walking around the room describing to him about all the gifts and from whom they were from.

Wei Wuxian sighed and dragged both of them out of the room and closed the door behind them. Wei Wuxian crossed his arms in front of his chest just like his father. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng looked at him in confusion, Wei WuXian sighed once again and said.

"Since it is a special day"

Hua Cheng raised an eyebrow at him while Xie Lian smiled. Wei WuXian looked at his A-Diē and continued.

"Don't give me that look. Baba said it's both my fifteenth birthday and ten year anniversary of me tolerating you guys."

Xie Lian chuckled and Hua Cheng raised his eyebrow even higher. Wei WuXian took a deep breath and said.

"I want a special gift. "

Hua Cheng also crossed his hands over his chest like his son. He pinned Wei WuXian with an expression of 'I know you're upto no good' and asked.

"Since you said it like that you must already have something in mind"

"Yes I do."

Wei WuXian said cheerfully, ignoring his A-Diē's gaze. He put on his puppy eyes and looked at Xie Lian. Xie Lian chuckled and asked.

"What is it Baby?"

"First promise me you'll grant me my wish. "

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng look at each other, thinking of all the possible outrageous situations that their son might drag them to. They stayed silent looking at each other for some time that Wei Wuxian finally got restless.

"Are you guys talking through the communication array... Oh come on can't you talk in front me? Talk all you want, just say yes. Okay? "

"Okay we promise. "

Xie Lian said at last chuckling and Hua Cheng quickly added.

"For the record we didn't use the communication array. "

"Okay okay. I want.... "

'Oh no something big is coming'  Xie Lian and Hua Cheng thought as Wei WuXian slowly took out a scroll from his robes and opened it in front of them.

"I want to go for an adventure. Your adventure. "

At night, Xie Lian found himself standing on a familiar spot on Yu Jun mountain holding his husband's hand. He was wearing a red wedding dress, a very visible blush on his cheeks. Hua Cheng was holding the red umbrella over their heads as the blood rain fell around them. Wraith butterflies flying all around them illuminating the entire place.

Wei Wuxian was standing a few feet away from the pair holding an umbrella of his own clearly too pleased with himself in seeing his fathers in such a state. After a few moments of watching Wei WuXian clapped his hands, he took out his scroll and striked over the first sentence then he read the second one gleefully.

"Okay.
Now next stop is the cart on the path to Puqi village. A-Diē change to your teenage self and Ba put on white robes. "

"Baby this is too much. "

Xie Lian said covering his face with both hands because of embarrassment. Wei WuXian gasped loudly covering his mouth in disbelief. He exclaimed.

" My dear mother what are you saying. There is so many more scenes that I wanted to see. The gamblers den, oh oh the legendary underwater kiss, the coffin ride and so on. Come on quickly "

Hua Cheng smiled and pried Xie Lian's hands open to see his husband's face. He gently squeezed Xie Lian's hand and said with a smile.

"Gege. We must keep our promise. "

"San Lang I know very well that you are enjoying this. "

Xie Lian said trying to look intimidating. Hua Cheng just smiled back at his husband making Xie Lian blush even more. Wei WuXian looked at his fathers who were on their own world.

"Hey stop flirting. Come on guys we need to finish this in a week. "

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng smiled at Wei WuXian who had a very long list in his hand. They walked towards their son, interlacing thier fingers. Xie Lian leaned on his husband's shoulder and said.

"San Lang it's going to be very very long week. "

"A very beautiful one."

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian slowly walked behind Wei Wuxian who was walking backwards with sparkling eyes watching his parent's love. Three of them walk down the mountain still holding each other's hand and smiling.