Hope and New Beginnings

This takes place in a universe where Sonic is a girl, but everyone else is their usual gender. It's also basically the same as another one of my stories, but Shadow isn't related to Sonic.
DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic Underground!

They gazed up at the monitors, each showing different scenes unfold before them. One showed a dark alleyway festering with rats and scrap metal lying all along it. Another showed a plaza where all the aristocrats were gathered, having a party of some sort with tea, cakes, and other assorted party items. Wonder what they're celebrating?
In front of the screens was a magenta-and-orchid hedgehog, an emerald green hedgehog, and a lion all looking at the surveillance from the Spy Eyes that they had hacked into a few months back. They were preparing for their ultimate mission. If they could do this, they just might be able to win this war and save their home!
"You guys ready for this?"
The green hedgehog turned to his friend, giving him a thumbs up. "Of course, Cy! We're always ready!"
Cyrus laughed. "Of course, Manic. Dumb question."
"Come on, Manic, focus!" the hedgehog next to him scolded. "This could be dangerous!"
"Could be?"
"Manic!"
The boar just laughed. "Chill, Sonia. It's not like we're not used to situations like this." He put his arm around his sister. "It'll be just fine."
The sow only sighed in response. She had been kinda depressed lately. Manic couldn't see why though. They were about to start a mission that would give them a huge advantage in the war, not to mention it was their birth- Oh.
"You miss her."
She smiled sadly and nodded. "Yeah."
Manic tightened his grip around her shoulder. "Don't worry, sis. You've still got me, and I'm positive she wouldn't want you grieving all the time."
Sonia sniffed. "Yeah. I guess you're right." She leaned into her brother. "It's just weird doing this without her."
"Aren't I always right?"
"No!"
"Hey!"
They all burst out laughing. It helped to joke about it. They all missed their friend. But right now they had to focus; this was probably their most important mission yet.
Cyrus broke the moment almost as soon as it had started. "All right. Everyone is clear on the plan, right?" They both nodded.
"There will be five different teams, each destroying different factories around the city-," Manic started.
"-during the chaos, me and Manic will sneak into the base and find a way into the main control room-," Sonia continued.
"-and download all the information from the main computers while they're busy with the factories!" Cyrus finished.
Manic slapped the back of his friend's back affectionately. "This is a genius plan, Cy! There is no way we can lose after we get that info from Buttnik's place! Come on, Sonia! Let's go get into position."
"Wait a sec, guys!"
They turned around, slightly confused at the sudden recall.
"What is it, Cyrus?" Sonia asked.
He smiled. "Consider this an early birthday present." He turned and rapidly typed something on his keyboard and all the surveillance disappeared to be replaced with charts and graphs that only Cyrus could understand. "I did some readings on the explosion from the incident. I wanted to see if I could tell what caused it." He paused, taking a deep breath. The siblings next to his were ridged with anticipation at the mention of the incident that happened years ago. "I don't think that the explosion was lethal."
"What?!"
Cyrus pointed to one of the graphs. "The explosion seems to have been made out of Chaos Energy harnessed into one central area; from what I can tell the power was not destructive at all. There might have been a glitch in the machinery or something, but instead of destroying the area, it only transported anything within the area. But it didn't seem to go as far as transporting the entire building."
The two let loose a stream of questions almost instantly.
"Where was she teleported?"
"Why weren't we teleported too?"
"Chaos Energy? Don't they need a Chaos Emerald for that?"
"If it involves Chaos Energy do you think it might have something to do with the Floating Island disappearing?"
Cyrus held up his hands to stop the torrent coming at him. "Whoa, guys! Calm down! One question at a time!" They stopped. The lion released a sigh of relief as his friends finally calmed down. "Okay. First off, I'm not sure where it sent her to. All I could find is that she was sent away. As for your second question, you guys weren't close enough to the blast to be included in the transportation. They did have a Chaos Emerald for it, but from what I've seen, the Emerald was sent to the same place she was. I'm not entirely sure if it had anything to do with the Floating Island's disappearance, but it does make sense. Maybe the two Emeralds reacted with each other? I can look into that later." He looked up to the two hedgehogs before him. "You guys okay?"
They both had tears in their eyes. Sonia's knees shook so badly, she had to use Manic for support. Manic was holding onto his sister tightly, as if she might disappear as well. For so long, they had thought she was gone, that they would never see her again. Now, on their birthday, they had hope again. Hope that they would see their sister again.
Sonia steadied herself. "Yeah, fine." She gave Cyrus a hug. "Best birthday present I've ever gotten."
Manic came over and put a hand on his shoulder. "The best. And we'll be able to find her."
Cyrus nodded. "Right, but let's finish the mission before we go off on this wild goose chase."
The two's faces turned serious, although the smiles stayed. "Right."