25. The subject: Lee Hyunjin

Start from the beginning

If someone were to forcefully pass their spirit to another they could do some serious damage to these particular places (most especially the nervous system).

Lee Hyunjin's body was like the rest in the sense that it was also like a core but it did not generate spirit. He did not have unique spirit which was the reason why he had no resistance towards foreign spirit.

As bad as it sounds in other words this means that he has the ability to absorb different kinds of spirit.

The reason for his constant stomach aches when Min had first brought him plants was because he'd ingested too many different kinds of spirit at once and though he did not have internal spirit, the different spirit he ingested conflicted with the each other but soon settled down when he consumed the Eneri. His body also was not used to having an entity such as spirit so the stomach aches were because his body was adapting to the sudden presence of spirit within it.

Thanks to his consumption of such plants he also developed an immunity to poisons further allowing him to eat the plants in Ifvnar without any problems.

For those who are thinking "doesn't this make him kinda lucky? That sounds like a protagonist golden finger," Please remember this kind saying by Lee Hyunjin;

— For every supposedly good fortune there are three misfortunes. 'Lucky' is never a good thing to our Hyunjin.

After waiting a while Lee Hyunjin focused on the flow of spirit inside him which was fairly weak. Then he slowly coaxed it, moving it all towards his outstretched hand.

When his hand began to glow he traced out a symbol on the ground with his finger. It was a spirit fire rune. The fire rune was the first that Qin Yu had taught him.

When Qin Yu started teaching him, he found that Lee Hyunjin didn't have an attribute because he didn't have his own unique spirit, he also found that Lee Hyunjin couldn't even perform the basics like reinforcing something with spirit and keeping the flow constant because his body doesn't generate its own spirit, he would simply run out of it.

And controlling the spirit he absorbed would prove a difficult task since the spirit came from outside himself  and was not a natural part of him.

The other problem was that even though the energies he'd consumed wouldn't conflict as strongly as humans spirit and corrupted spirit, they were still different so they wouldn't settle easily within his body, it was just that Lee Hyunjin was accustomed to the pain now so the minor conflicts wouldn't hurt him as much or he wouldn't even notice them.

On the bright side, Qin Yu found that Lee Hyunjin was actually good at drawing runes. Runes could only be considered so when drawn with spirit but in order to teach Lee Hyunjin Qin Yu made him draw the spirit runes everyday (morning to night) in the lake shore sand with his finger. He had to make sure that every stroke was correct. It didn't matter if writing in the sand was difficult he had to draw it perfectly and if he didn't.... then Teacher Qin would be unhappy and and unhappy Teacher Qin meant Lee Hyunjin would suffer.

(A/N: Qin Laoshi  — laoshi meaning teacher in Chinese)

Lee Hyunjin might be a slow learner but Qin Yu and even Lee Hyunjae (Hyunjins brother when he was alive) discovered that if the teacher was patient and diligent enough to go over the topic with him a number of times while carefully explaining each aspect, then Lee Hyunjin would most definitely learn well. Once he understood something, he wouldn't so easily forget.

When he was finally able to use spirit to draw a rune, it was much easier than writing in the sand, his strokes were accurate and proper.

Runes are generally 'commands' or 'instructions' written in one of Heiz old languages which consisted of symbols and other strange characters. The more perfect the strokes when drawing them the more accurate and powerful they'll be.

After Lee Hyunjin drew the fire rune on the ground he covered it with some branches he picked up and a small fire slowly started, growing bigger bit by bit. Since he couldn't use spirit to sustain the flame he used normal methods.

The fire was dark, its blue flame spread upwards into a darker purple instead of orange and that was simply because of the spirit he'd used to start it. Thanks to that it wasn't too bright and so it wouldn't attract other animals.

After heating up by the fire for a while he put it out. Lee Hyunjin chose a tree. He first drew more spirit from a different tree and drew a protection rune to ward off dangerous creatures, then climbed up with the kids. He settled into the trees large branches, in a spot carefully hidden by the numerous leaves and vines. That would be their resting place for the night.

(A/N: the little lesson is over, please tell me if anything confused you and I'll clear it up)

***

In the Ledris royal castle Park Haejin was training by herself with the aid of an oil lamp.

Holding in her hands a chain whip with sharpened daggers on either end of it, Park Hae-Jin ruthlessly swung at the training dummy that was prepared for her.

She aimed for the vital points, striking them accurately with precision. Sweat beaded down her face as she breathed. Her arms felt sore but she kept practicing.

After manoeuvring her whip countless times someone stepped into the training room, footsteps silent.

If it was any other person they may not have noticed them but she did. She had been practicing using her spirit to raise her awareness. Sending it out within a limited distance so if anything stepped into her range she'd be aware of it immediately because their presence within her range would cause a ripple that would alert her.

She paused her swings and turned to look at the intruder. When she saw who it was she bowed low in greeting, "your highness, Crown Prince Levi."

"Ms. Park Haejin," he nodded lightly in return, he immediately addressed the subject at hand, "were you not told that training was halted for the time being?"

Park Haejin nodded, "I was but there was no rule saying I couldn't train by myself," she put down her whip on one of the tables nearby because it would be disrespectful to continue holding it in his presence.

Levi silently watched her then said, "two of your companions think otherwise."

"You, yourself said we would be heading to Ifvnar, I dare not be lax after Ms. D'Atyris and Mr. Lisel told us how dangerous that place is, even if your highness himself said so, my life is my own responsibility. If I die out there it would be because I had not been prepared enough," she explained.

Levi arched a brow in amusement, his usually stoic expression relaxed a bit, "then I'll disturb you no longer, have a good night Ms. Park," with that he left the training room.

Park Haejin watched him leave, her brows lowering, the suspicion in her eyes was clear as day.

(A/N: there'll be a little lesson on attributes too. I hope that eases your concerns a little. Also I'm gonna do a proper characters profile than the one I did before.)

(A/N: If you like this story please remember to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter!😁)