When I got to the main cabin, I could hear the noise coming from inside. I guess the kids were already here. I took a deep breath and opened the door. The whole place went quiet as soon as I opened the door and I heard someone stifle and laugh. Looking around the room, I saw everyone staring at me. The kids were in awe, and the others were just staring like I was the funniest thing they’ve seen in their lives.

I closed the door quickly and walked to the sink. “Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” I grumbled.

“Nice hair,” Alison laughed.

“Yes, very nice,” Dylan added.

I gave them a cold glare. “Shut up.”

They started laughing and the kids joined in.

James picked up a girl’s troll doll and threw it at me. “Hey, you look just like her doll.”

That caused everyone to laugh even more. I carefully gave the girl back her doll and cringed when she gave me a dirty look.

“Okay so um,” I began talking over the loud voices. “Marvin isn’t here so he left me in charge.”

Apparently no one was listening to me so I tried again a little loud. “Guys did you hear me. My name is Sarah and Marvin isn’t here today so I’m in charge.”

Still, no one listened to me, and my patience was running out. I tried one last time practically shouting over them. “Guys, are you listening to me. My name is Sa –”

I didn’t get to finish my sentence because I felt something sloppy hit my face. I wiped away what seemed to be oatmeal at Alison, Ariane, Dylan, James, Jackson then finally Nate. He was holding the bowl and his hands were mushy. I figured he threw it.

“Shut up,” he said when our eyes made contact. “No one’s listening to you.”

Dylan and James started laughing and picking up their own oatmeal to throw at me. Where were they getting the oatmeal? Soon Alison, Ariane and Jackson all joined in. My good-boy impression of Jackson was all gone.

“Stop, stop!” I cried, wiping and wiping the mush off me, but more just kept coming. I looked around to see a group of little kids surrounding me, laughing at pointing.

“What’s the matter? Are we hurting your feelings?” Dylan taunted.

“Did you think that you could actually be in charge around here?” Ariane laughed after Dylan.

 James walked over and looked hard at me. “That pathetic Marvin couldn’t even do anything. That’s why he left, you realize that don’t you?.”

“Why do you think you’re any different?” Dylan said, joining James.

Not able to take it anymore, I pushed past them almost loosing my balance. Hot tears filled my eyes and I felt someone grab me by the arm, pulling me to a stop. I looked up to see Nate watching me. I thought that he was going to do something—to help me. But I was wrong.

Instead, he put a finger to my cheek and swiped off some oatmeal. He put the finger in his mouth and licked it all off. “Mm, tasty,” he said and turned to his friends with a laugh.

I wrenched my arm free and crossed them over my chest, slouching over.

Nate turned back around to me and raised an eyebrow. “You’re dismissed.”

Turning on my heel, I ran out the door and back to my cabin, thinking about how I’m going to go in and pack my stuff and leave. Just leave this place for good. When I got to my door, I found that I could do no such thing. In front of my door on the ground was a box of hair dye with a note attached. I picked the note off the ground and read it slowly.

Sarah,

I’m sorry but it seems that that something that I had to do dragged on. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I have left you in charge. I already told your mother and she said it was fine. If you have any questions, you can go ask Raina the receptionist—when she is back from her sick leave. Apparently, she has chicken pox and won’t be able to come. I don’t know if there is cell phone service here, so uh…I’ll see you in a few days or…whenever.

Marvin. ;)

I read and re-read the note over and over again not able to believe my luck. I can’t believe he called my mother of all people. The only reason I came here was because she cancelled our vacation to Hawaii last minute for some stupid trip and I had to pretend that I already made plans and wasn’t affected by her decision. The only place that I could go was here and it looked way better on the website.

Feeling utterly miserable and hopeless, I picked up the box of hair dye and went inside. I could just picture what the next few weeks would be like—filled with fun of course, but not for me, oh no sir. The others would have fun, tons of fun, making my life hell. I stared out my window to the sign near the road which read Camp Fun. I rolled my eyes and shut my window. Camp Fun…yeah right.

************************************

welllllllllllllll, what'd you think? please comment and let me know!

oh and if you liked this chapter, PLEASE VOTE. i know i might be asking for a lot but last time i asked for 5 votes and i got 10! awesome :D

so could i get at least 5 votes again this time?

LOVE YOU GUYS xoxoxo.