CHAPTER ONE

"I'll stop at the third building to the right" Elisabeth stared at her office building for longer than necessary through the cab window. Her internship came to an end yesterday and She was either going to get retained or let go but she didn't want to think of the former. Working at it was her dream job and the pay was more than enough what else could she ask for. The cab driver stared at her from the rear mirror.
"Nervous?!" He asked he was an older man in his 40s or 50s. Elisabeth smiled
"More like scared... thanks" She got out of the car after one last touch of her make-up and walked the remaining distance to her office.

"Good morning" she greeted the receptionist at the entrance.

"Well hello there Lisa how was your night"

" It was beautiful Lily, how was yours?" She leaned over at the counter. Placing her arms on the thick slab.
"Amazzzing" Lily replied with a dreamy look in her eyes.
"Oh my God Lily!"

"What?! he was cool" Elisabeth gave her the stink eye, smiling.

"Go go on or you'll be late" Lily urged waving her off.
She rushed to the elevator and pressed the button to the sixth floor, thanking God the elevator wasn't crowded. The ride seemed to take forever and when she arrived, the hallway was choked, packed full with other interns and securities to reduce the rowdiness. She took the vacant seat with her number boldly pasted on it awaiting her turn...

"Ms. Elisabeth Richards?" She raised my head to meet the woman's gaze. It was almost thirty minutes since she arrived, and the line had reduced just a tad bit.

"Mr. Collins will see you now."

Elisabeth straightened her pencil skirt and flipped her hand over it to remove the creases before walking towards the office. It stood proudly at the left side of the hall. There was no other office around it, so it couldn't be missed. She continued in the direction of the office smiling her way through the whispers of good luck that were said to her. She tapped the door lightly hoping he didn't hear so she could breathe some more. Well, he did.

"Come in."

The voice was gruff and hard, as usual. She opened the door slowly which made it creak. It felt like she was in her own horror movie and she was the lead actress.

"Ms. Elisabeth Richards?''

"Yes, that's me."

"Here Congratulations." He replied dismissively stretching out a letter to her. She collected the letter and stepped out of the office not bothering to open it till she got to the front desk.

****** ****** ******

The dance floor beamed with red and blue lasers, packed full of dancing couples meshed with one another.

"Remind me what we're doing here again Lily?"

"To celebrate your promotion, Liz." She replied nodding her head to the loud mambo jumbo.

"We could have done it at the apartment with a bottle of wine," Elisabeth screamed so she could hear her.

"Nonalcoholic you mean." She yelled back pulling a sit at the counter.

"Of course lily nonalcoholic Nicholas wouldn't be too happy about this."
Elisabeth was sure her boyfriend would freak out if he knew she was in a club with sweaty stripper boys and alcoholic drinks. He was overprotective sometimes to an extreme but Elisabeth liked the feeling of being cared for.

"Nicholas? Come on Liz you and I both know that Nicholas isn't locked up on you like you are on him." She nudged the barman with a flick of her finger.

"That's not..."