PROLOGUE

The window holds my undivided attention. Its glass reflecting my figure and the attentive one behind me.

"You know I love you, Liz. Can't you let go of the past for once in your life?" His ruff voice is filled with emotion but I know it's not true. He's never telling the truth. Every lie that slips out of that mouth I fall into but not this time and not ever again.

"The past, huh? Nicholas, that was a month ago. Get over it, I have." I try to refrain from letting any emotion escape from my unwilling lips but unfortunately, I can never keep up a facade for too long around him.

"I know, I know." He mutters under his breath. "But you have to understand it's not what you thought" Through the glass I see him lift his head as he says yet another lie. I roll my eyes but feel a pang in my chest.

"Oh, please." I snort in disgust. Like I would actually believe that. "That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard and believe me, I have heard plenty."

My tone is dry and I even cringe at the way I am speaking to him.
"Liz-" I cut him off.

"My husband," I emphasize the word. "Will be here any second. Frankly, I don't feel like calming him down after you provoke him so I suggest that you shut the door on your way out."

I can hear his feet shuffle against the carpet and I stiffen.

Please don't touch me, I silently beg.

First, his calloused hands gently lay against my shoulders and I hitch my breath. He moves them slowly down my arm until they reach my hands. He then slides his hand into my palms and spins me around to where I'm in close proximity to his chest.

My eyes widen at our new position.

"You still love me, right? You still do," His eyes shine down with joy and he starts to grin. His lips turning up but I feel nothing but shame. For letting him get to me and knowing that he, my husband, won't be happy about this. "I can see it in your eyes. You love me, Liz."

The only thing that should be shining in my eyes at this point is a shame and slight fear. I know that Nicholas would never intentionally hurt me- physically.

"Let me go," I demand. Reminding myself of a certain someone who is due any minute.

"You love me." He tightens his grip on my hands and I can feel the blood draining from the cut off circulation. "If you need time, I'll wait. Just tell me you love me," His voice has risen.

"Let me go, Nick. You're hurting me," I whimper from his touch.

"No. You love me, you love this. I promise to make everything right again. Just forgive me,"

"Let me go, Nick," I scream at the top of my lungs while struggling to pull away from his grasp.

"Do what the lady says," His smooth voice attracts the attention of both of our gazes. We snap our heads up to see his confident self, leaning casually against the door in what I know has to be a million-dollar tux.

Stupid jerk of a husband. Always looking so good in anything...and nothing.

Ugh. I need to stop thinking this way. That did not come out right at all.

A/N: I just thought that this story deserved a Prologue to start it out.

So what did you guys think?

I hope you guys liked it and let me know in the comment section and by voting.

Thanks!

Edited by Free_Me_From_This