❀ . . . twenty six

WORTH THE WAIT

you felt the butterflies in your stomach

you felt the butterflies in your stomach. you didn't know if you should dress up for your date or stay the same. which is more appropriate?

kakashi knocked on your door. you went downstairs feeling satisfied with your decision.

"hi kakashi," you smiled. you felt so giddy. you wanted to jump into his arms and hug him.

"hello y/n. you look so beautiful, you always do," he replied and extended his hand. you took it happily. his gentlemanly attitude was humorous. it was a natural act you could say. "where to my lady?"

your eyes brightened.

"i think you picked this trait up from naruto," the copy ninja chuckled. you pulled him underneath the flaps and sat him on a stool next to you.

"naruto is very good at getting what he wants," you answered.

"of course from you."

you paused your conversation to give your orders.

"i can't help it," you sighed. "how am i supposed to say no to him, or any of them. even guy and asuma's students."

"he's influenced you so much you almost get the same order as him."

you rolled your eyes jokingly. kakashi leaned on his palm and smiled. you picked up chopsticks for your ramen.

"after this, i was thinking we could go on a walk," he suggested while breaking apart his chopsticks.

"yeah," you nodded, "that sounds great."

the village wasn't as busy today. kakashi felt comfortable enough to knock your hand with his. you looked up, your confused look turning to a smile and you wrapped your hand around his.

the scenery transitioned to the suburbs. neither of you realized how far you had walked until you saw the bench. of course you pulled kakashi to it.

she sat on her crossed her legs and leaned on his shoulder.

"i bet no one even knows you asked me out, we're always together," you joked.

"it's still a surprise you said yes. even though i've been thinking about it for years it was still impulsive. it might have been because naruto came back."

"years huh? i always thought my crush was so obvious. sakura, sasuke, naruto, lady tsunade, shizune, and even hiruzen knew."

"lady tsunade knew?"

"don't remind me," you groaned, "it was so embarrassing coming from the hokage."

kakashi's head fell back in a laugh. "i'm curious now." he stretched his arms on the back of the bench.

"fine. this was a little after you started training me and she called me in."

"your training with kakashi, how's it going?" tsunade placed her head on her hands.

"great! he's taught me a lot already."

tsunade leaned back and gestured for her to continue.

"it's only been a few days but he's taught me how to externalize my chakra, i made shadow clones on my first day- oh and he just showed me how to find my given chakra nature. it's fire."

"ha, i knew you would like working with him."

"huh?"

"i can see you two, you know? ever since i returned to the village and met you, you were with kakashi every second he was here. even when he was training, you sat right there watching him."

"it's that obvious..?" you muttered.

"what do you mean? you two follow each other around the village like lost puppies."

"'like lost puppies' that's cute don't you think?" kakashi teased.

"of course you'd think that." you rolled your eyes.

kakashi moved closer to you on the bench. you sat on almost opposite sides since you met. with years of sitting together in the same spot, it felt nice to close the distance. you also shifted towards him.

"you have work tomorrow? with lady tsunade?"

you sighed. "yeah, and you have a mission."

"b rank, i'll be back by noon. i'd invite you but after your last mission i think you deserve a break."

"but i'm still working," you reminded him.

"but i can visit you at work in the office."

you leaned your shoulder on his. "lady tsunade was right," she laughed.

"about us being like lost puppies?"

you covered your face at that.

a/n: i'm taking a long time to write 3 chapters so i could thank you for 3k reads but we're at 4k now😔😭

i got you tho i'll post them soon