உன் சமையல் அறையில் நான் உப்பா சக்கரையா

உன் சமையல்
அறையில் நான் உப்பா
சக்கரையா

For a moment, he felt the shift in his universe, with mere drive with her to his place. He could convince his heart telling, he would have done the same for anyone. But deep down, he knew it was because it is her.

He maintained silence through the entire drive, not even a glance in her direction.

He didn't want to rekindle the old feelings, he told himself.

"Apdiye marandha madiri dhan" his subconscious mind mocked.

Not paying any heed to his mind, he drove enjoying the scenery as if he was seeing the surrounding premise for the very first time ever.

She was very much aware of the fact, that he hadn't even glanced in her direction right from when he turned on the jeep.

What was running through his mind she wondered?

Did he have double thoughts about bringing her home?

She seriously hoped he didn't.

She was brought out of her thoughts, by his words "Veedu vandachu"

She looked ahead to see a building which resembled a posh cottage.

"Romba azhaga iruku" she admired the house.

"Govt quarters ma" he told proudly.

The pride his words held couldn't be ignored.

Right now, standing at the entrance of his red and white quarter, glancing at the guy to her right in uniform, she was sure she would have proud smile plastered on his face.

She was damn proud of him and his achievements.

A small gist of past made her chuckle.

"Enna siripu"

"Onnum illa"

"edho irunda nala dhane siracha, enna nu sollu"

"Illa inga unna ipdi pakarapo, highers Cyber crime eduka sonapo poi solradha naana nu keta oru uthaman Kathiru nyabgam vandichu adhan"

He couldn't himself control his chuckle, how true.

"Naan onnum poi solalaye veetla"

"aprom?"

"Unmai aa marachiten" and he winked.

"Kozhupu dan"

"Saab, ye kaun hai Bhabhi ji hai kya? (Sir, who is this, ur wife) " the question from his butler brought a troubled expression on both their face.

For a few minutes, during their banter they themselves had forgotten the phase where they stood in life right now.

How could he out rightly answer a no to his question, when he had wished for the very same thing of her being his wife, years ago.

"May be even now" added his ever-irritating sub conscious mind.

"Peene ke liye chai laayiye Shukla ji aur mem saab ke liye coffee ( bring some tea for drinking and coffee for madam) " he simply avoided the question.

Though she understood the question, she was a tiny bit happy with the way he tackled the question.

He didn't answer in a no completely.

Was she happy?

She didn't know.

Was she relieved?