Chapter 12: Who is Mom's Choice?

"Sidharth can we talk for sometime?" Asks Rashmi after entering his cabin.

"Yeah tell me." Says Sid.

"Actually I want to discuss about our upcoming event. I checked everything and came to know that it is high budget."

"So what? Shukla Creation's fashion events are always high budget."

"I know Sidharth but we should lower the budget. Photographers, models, technicians all are very expensive. There are many newcomers who want a chance. Their skills are very good and budget is also low...."

Sid stops Rashmi.

"From the day I became the CEO, my friend Shehnaaz captures all our events and none can replace her. Though it is high budget, I don't mind." Says Sid.

"Okay, as you wish." Rashmi says. She becomes a little bit upset.

Sid notices it and to cheer her up he says, "Rashmi you remember that today I'll take you home to meet my Mom?"

"Isn't it too early?" Asks Rashmi.

"Rashmi it's not early. I never hide anything from my Mom. I'm eagerly waiting to tell her about our relationship. So be ready after office. I'll take you home. Also try to finish work early today." Says Sid.

Rashmi nods.

In the evening at Sid's home...

Rita ji hears a knock and opens the door. Sana comes and hugs her.

"Hello Aunty. How's you ankle pain?" Asks Sana.

"It's okay. You don't have to worry." Says Rita ji.

"Hearing about that, I couldn't help coming here."

"Okay okay now sit on the sofa. I'm bringing food for you."

Rita ji was about to leave but Sana stops her.

"One minute. Where are you going? You don't have to do anything. There are many maids. You just relax on the sofa and I'll massage your ankle." Sana says and makes Rita ji sit on the sofa.

"It's not fair. You came after so long and you're doing this. I'm feeling very bad." Says Rita ji.

"If I were your daughter, would you say like this?" Asks Sana very innocently.

Rita ji smiles and kisses her forehead.

Sana brings oil in a boil and starts massaging. After sometime a maid brings some food for Sana. Rita ji feeds Sana while she is massaging her.

After a while...

"Okay Aunty I'm going then." Says Sana and gets up.

"Your massage was really good. I'm feeling very relaxed now. Please stay for sometime. Sid will come soon. At least meet him before going." Says Rita ji.

Sana's face become serious. "I don't want to meet him that's why I came this time." Says Sana in a low voice.

"Why beta? You two quarrelled?" Asks Rita ji.

"No actually...umm..Leave it Aunty. You take care of yourself." Says Sana.

She was about to leave as Sid enters. Their eyes meet. They both don't say anything for sometime and keep looking at each other.

Then Rashmi enters and Sana notices it. She takes her eyes off him.

"See Sid has already come. Sid, who is she?" Asks Rita ji.

"Mom, she is Rashmi. She works in our office and I love her." Sid says shyly.

Sana feels like thousands of arrows pierce her heart.

"Oh! Okay you two come. Please go after having dinner. And Sana please have dinner with us." Says Rita ji and goes to the kitchen. She seems not to be very happy seeing Rashmi.

Three of them goes to the dining table. A maid start serving dinner.
There is a unnatural silence.

Sid breaks the ice. "Mom, where is everyone?" Asks Sid.

"Rahul has a concert today and Rubina Abhinav are in their room. They'll have their dinner in room." Rita ji replies.

"Mom, you and Rashmi should talk to each other." Says Sid.

"What your parents do?" Asks Rita ji to Rashmi.

"Actually I'm an orphan. My parents died when I was a child. I grew in an orphanage" Replies Rashmi.

"Oh! I'm so sorry."

"It's ok Aunty."

They all become silent again.

Later that night...

Sid enters his Mom's room and sit on the bed next to her.

"Mom how is she?" Asks Sid.

"Who?"

"I'm talking about Rashmi."

"Yeah she is good" Rita ji says absently.

"Why I feel that you don't like her?"

"Does it matter? I gave you the freedom to choose for yourself."

Sid hugs his Mom.

"You know your choice matters the most. If you don't want I'll not keep any relation with her."

"If you are asking about my opinion so I don't feel that she's daughter-like. She is not very much open or not that jolly also. She can be a good wife but she can't be a good daughter-in-law. Look at our Sana. How much loving and caring she is! I want a daughter-in-law like her."

"Mom it's not possible. She is my friend. And please give Rashmi sometime to open up. I can bet you'll start liking her." Says Sid.

"I've faith in you. You'll choose the right one. Now go and have some sleep." Says Rita ji.

Sid leaves the room.

While going to his room Sid knocks at Abhinav's door.

Abhinav opens the door.

"What happened?" Abhinav asks.

"Actually what happened that day was a mistake. I overreacted. My mood was really off that day that's why...Umm... Anyway I just want to tell you that I'm sorry. After that day I didn't get a chance to say you this." Says Sid politely.

"It's ok. After all you're my younger brother. I didn't mind. Good night."

"Good night."

Abhinav closes the door.

"First he insults you then says sorry. What does he think he is?" Rubina says angrily.

"Calm down Rubi. He may hear." Says Abhinav

"You're telling me to calm down. He can't..."

Abhinav stops Rubina.

"Lower your voice. I'll give it back to him. I've already planned everything."

"What's that? Tell me." Rubina says.

"Just wait and watch. How I'm going to ruin his fashion event as well as his reputation." Abhinav smirks.

_______________________________________

OMG! What will he do? Will he be successful?

And what about Rita ji? Will she accept Rashmi? Or Sana is her only choice?

Who can be the best daughter-in-law? Sana or Rashmi?

Tell me about your opinion.

Vote if you liked this chapter.