Twenty One

Bakugou carefully observed the sphere that ignited and exited the child's palm, its size larger than any other he'd seen in the last two months they'd been training (or the two and a half months they'd known one another)

Bakugou carefully observed the sphere that ignited and exited the child's palm, its size larger than any other he'd seen in the last two months they'd been training (or the two and a half months they'd known one another). Hoshi's shoulder slowly fell to his side as he mumbled, 'inhale, exhale' until the ball of energy gradually subsided. After he succeeded, he peered up hopefully to his mentor, "how was that one Baku?"

"Not complete crap I guess." He reverently ruffled the boy's hair, "keep working on it, you're doing well."

"Really?"

"Why would I lie to you?"

He brightly chortled, "you wouldn't!"

"Exactly." He confirmed, "do it again."

Hoshi obeyed, intently fixating on the task. His tongue poked out as he squinted, the high temperature emanating from his skin once more. A nearly blinding orange orb released itself, steadily traveling across the room. He chanted the words quietly, waiting for his quirk to dwindle.

"Not bad kid," the man paused, resting his chin between his index finger and thumb, "your stamina has improved, but we should continue to focus on it until you're able to make the stars disappear without having to do the exercises each time. We also need to start setting time goals for you, evening the duration that you're able to hold it."

Hoshi nodded, staring out the wall of windows in obvious distraction. Bakugou, catching sight of the insubordination, suspiciously narrowed his gaze, "WERE YOU NOT EVEN LISTENING?!"

"I was!" He instantly snapped his head, "I'm sorry!"

"Fucking brat." He bitterly huffed, "what the hell are you thinking about now? I was giving you notes and everything."

"Thank you for them!" He bowed, Bakugou's features flaring a flaming red from the formal action, "oi, stop that."

"I was thinking about mommy." He sheepishly admitted, pouting while he averted his attention to the black mat beneath them, a thin layer of dust over its cushioned exterior.