"Then, stay here. I'm going back to the classroom." I closed the faucet and put the hose back to its place.

Kota Koa was from the section next to ours. I've always been curious about his personality, other than being cheerful.

How could he like someone who had never talked to him?

I gasped. Maybe, he's a playboy?!

Because of this thought, I went back to the garden, preparing to reject him.

"You're back, Tera."

"Y-yeah, I am... Anyway, what's that..?"

"Water conservation poster. I was asked to post it here in the garden."

"Oh... So that's the main reason why you're here—" I covered my mouth before I fully blurted my thoughts.

"Nope, I planned to confess today since it's Valentine's Day. Luckily, you happened to be here so it must be fate."

Fate, huh...

"Yeah, it must be... After all, I just wasted water twice in a row, then I saw you posting something about water conservation."

I supposed that God brought him here to teach me a lesson...

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!" I knew he was cheerful but not to this extent. "I'm sorry for laughing pfft..."

Calming down, the mood quickly dropped.

After a few seconds, he asked,
"there's a reason for that, right?"

"What's with you...? After that long laugh, you suddenly become serious..."

His expression was kinda attractive but I guessed that I love his cheerful expression more.

Looking back, that's the reason why I couldn't help but glance at him in their classroom. Also, his name had been stuck in my head after what he said a week ago...

💦

Our adviser called me to the faculty after splashing water at someone for the 10th time.

I stepped out of the room, muttering, "I guess, I'll apologize. I don't think it would extend my life though. Well, it's not that important so nothing will change."

"I don't think so..?" A voice beyond a wall reached to me. I thought it was meant for someone else until he said, "Your life is as important as every single drop of water."

As he walked past me, I didn't have the chance to ask what he was doing there at that time.

💦

"Reason... for what, anyway?"

"Your heroic deeds." Oh. I thought he was referring to the reason for wasting water.

"Of course, anyone could guess the reason why I help people. The only thing that they couldn't is the reason for my courage to do it."

"I see, I won't ask anymore... since it's like a secret based on your way of talking."

After hearing that, I smiled. "Kota Koa. Shall I call you, Koa?"

"Yeah..." Seeing his red face made me want to tease him. However, I had no time for that.

"Koa, I can't have you waiting for me..." I took a deep breath and continued, "The truth is the more water I waste, the shorter my life is. So just like the flow of water, my heart can be stopped anytime..."

His smile faded away and he was left speechless.

"I was cursed. No—" I paused and corrected myself, "I let myself be cursed."