20 ~ Ungovernable

A/N: If you don't adore Mrs

A/N: If you don't adore Mrs. Patmore...we can't be friends. Also...piping hot tea ahead. 

Enjoy, lovelies🥰

---------------------

The Crawley women and Evelyn were gathered at the Village Hall event center on Friday as they helped prep for the Downton Flower Show. Being in a family of nobles usually meant volunteering to do set up and preparations for events - not that Evelyn minded, she usually ended up goofing off anyway.

Evelyn stood with William Molesley, Joseph Molseley's father, and helped him arrange his beautiful display of roses. Evelyn had a soft spot for the sweet old man ever since she met him when she was younger.

(A/N: Mr. Moseley = dad; Molesley = son)

"Where should I put the white roses, Evie?" He asked while arranging a few white rose vases.

"Hmm. I think they'd look nice between the pink and red ones. A bit of a contrast to make the colorful ones pop!" She grinned.

Mr. Molesley nodded. "Right you are, Evie, as usual."

"I don't know about that."

Isobel and Matthew approached and admired the table...well, Isobel admired the roses while Matthew admired something much prettier that paid him no mind behind the table. Looking up from arranging the white rose vases, Evelyn quickly caught Matthew's gaze.

"Oh, hello, Matthew. And hello, Isobel."

"Good morning, dear. I heard about the incident with the horse, I do hope you're alright." Isobel mentioned concernedly.

"I do wonder where you heard that from..." she shot a playful glare at Matthew. "Yes I'm perfectly fine...I'll be picking mud out of my nose until I'm seventy but nothing was broken so I'm grateful for that at least."

"Oh and I as well!" Isobel turned her attention back to the roses. "Do look at Mister Molesley's display. He's worked so hard."

"Rather marvelous, aren't they?" Matthew agreed. He noticed that Evelyn was struggling to hold a few vases as she moved them around. Rounding the table to her, he took the vases from her. She smiled up at him thankfully as she continued to arrange them.

Cora, Violet, and Mary walked over to observe the flowers that Isobel gushed about. Mary, however, eyed Evelyn and Matthew's close proximity. Clearing her throat, she turned her attention back to Mr. Molesley. "Lovely. Well done, Mister Molesley."

He tipped his head. "Thank you, milady."

Violet half-heartedly smiled. "I think everyone is to be congratulated. It's splendid."

"But do look at these roses. Have you ever seen the like?" Isobel softly fired back.

"Uh oh," Evelyn whispered up to Matthew