Chapter 11 | "absolutley stunning"

"You're joking right."

"Come on, Miyeon, it's not that bad, it's the simplest one we could find." Jeno pleaded with her as she looked at the garment hanging on the wall of the guard's quarters.

"I don't really do dresses, I'm more of a... training suit type of girl." She replied, picking at the fabric.

"Well too bad, you have to wear a dress to the ball." He said firmly.

"Do I have to go?"

"Yes you do. It's Prince Mark's coming of age ball, it's a huge deal. Everyone in the castle will be there."

"But we're supposed to protect the princes, how can I protect them in this" she said, pointing at the float material.

"The dress was designed so you can hide your blades in it, and we're technically off duty tonight. We're just there to support Prince Mark, and jump into action in case anything goes wrong."

"Come on, you'll look stunning, Miyeon." Chenle said with an encouraging smile.

"Ugh fine." She said, grabbing the dress and her black mask. "But know that I don't like this."

"Good enough, go try it on!" Jaemin urged, pushing her towards her private guards room.

She let out a groan as she entered the room, slipping off her uniform and putting on the dress.

It was all black, of course, she wouldn't have it any other way and the boys knew that. It was simple, with a sweetheart neckline, spaghetti straps and a black tulle skirt. It was tight fitting at the top, hugging her thin waist before slightly jutting out into the A-line style tulle skirt. The layers were thin, so the dress wasn't very puffy, but it was enough where Miyeon was able to see how to hide blades in the inner layers.

She stared at herself in the mirror, the black material contrasting against her pale skin while highlighting her features and small frame.

She looked gorgeous.

With a small sight, she opened the door to the room and stepped out to the main area where the three boys were waiting. The moment they laid eyes on her, their jaws dropped.

"Miyeon... you look stunning. Absolutely stunning." Jeno said with a warm smile.

"Yeah, that dress is amazing on you." Jaemin added.

"It's perfect."

She smiled at the boys, dipping her head.

"Thanks guys. I guess it's not the worst dress ever." They all laughed at her comment.

"We have an hour until we need to go, we're going to go and get ready now, so if you want to do your makeup or hair or just hang out, go ahead."

With a nod, the three boys rose from their seats and made their way to their own private changing rooms. Miyeon sighed and went back to hers as well.

She decided to lightly curl her hair, letting it fall in soft waves, framing her small face and just barely reaching above her waist. She decided to also do her makeup, at least her eye makeup, going for an evening look with a mix of black and gold to highlight her eyes.

Walking over to the cabinet against the wall, she selected a pair of black heels, simple gold dangle earrings and a matching thin black choker with a diamond charm. The final touch was a small gold bracelet with a diamond charm that had a small paw print imprinted on the back of it. The one thing her mother left for her.

Once she put on her black face mask, she was satisfied with her look and went to wait for the boys in the lounge. After sitting down to read for a few minutes, there was a knock on the door.