13.- UA Sports Festival: III, Unstable

Start from the beginning

"I... was mad," He shrugged, not knowing what to feel. "My father talked to me just before my match and I- I went overboard... Also, I kept thinking about what I-"

"Huh? That's funny, your father came to see me before my match as well," she interrupted him, earning a shocked expression from him. She took advantage of his internal crisis to turn around and wish luck to her pinkette friend since her match was coming up next.

"Hey, Mina! You got this, slay that match alright! I'll be cheering for you!" She screamed, nodding to her in acknowledgment and the other smiled widely, lifting her fist in the air while winking.

"Ohh? Then I'll give my best!" Mina cheerfully said and walked away, followed by a chuckling (y/n) who turned towards Todoroki again, "So what were you saying?"

"Sludge, we gotta talk." An ashy blonde interrupted, coming in between her and Todoroki. (y/n) lifted an eyebrow.

"Huh? About what, exactly?"

Bakugou's patience was on thin ice, "Who did that fucking thing to you?"

She blinked twice, "What?"

"The scar you idiot, who the fuck did that?"

Todoroki broke down from his trance. He was so concerned with his own thoughts that the most important thing slipped out of his mind. The scar. He knew that was recent, she didn't have it during those weeks of training... which was mortifying, it seemed like she was attacked and also like it hurt so much. So, deciding to push away his selfish desire to reconcile with this odd person he could think of as a friend, he asked instead. "I would like to know as well. Who harmed you?"

(y/n) automatically stiffened, why did they keep asking that when there were so many people around? Why didn't they get the memo? She abruptly turned away from them to face the arena watching Mina's fight, and murmured, "Let me watch my friend fight, at least." She sighed, composing herself before screaming her lungs out, "GO PINKY! YOU GOT THIS!!"

The other two didn't have much of a choice, it's not like they could force her. So instead, both decided to watch the match with her in some kind of silent agreement. (y/n) seemed oddly cheerful and happy when cheering for her friend, so Mina was that important for her? Why or when did they become so close?

In the end, Mina won the fight, and (y/n) was excited, eager to see more of her friend! Sadly, the other two boys couldn't let her go easily, they were worried and that didn't seem like a casualty of training, it seemed deliberately made to hurt. As soon as the next match started, there were no more interruptions.

"Now, who the fuck did that shit?"

She brought a hand to her forehead, turning to face both guys, "Honestly I don't even know how much I am allowed to tell you all before I report it."

"Report it to whom?" Todoroki asked, confused, to the authorities? Why wouldn't they let her talk about an incident?

"All Might, Aizawa and principal Nezu." She shrugged.

Honestly, she wasn't sure how much closeness she can demonstrate with the little trio but figured if she brought them into this then her secrecy wouldn't come off weirder than it already was. At least she could use them as a sort of shield from curious individuals.

The other two guys frowned, one deep in thought while the other seemed about to explode, so (y/n) decided to indulge them just a little bit, grabbing them both and pulling them to the corner of the booth, "I was attacked yesterday night." Todoroki's gaze hardened and Bakugou's palms felt tickles of mini-explosions.

"I was caught off guard as I left UA for a late-night snack and he grabbed me by the neck," She said and turned around, lowering the neck of her uniform so that the two boys could see the scar, "Thanks to my quirk I could heal the pain quickly, but I decided to leave the scar for evidence when I inform the incident." She shrugged and turned back to face them again, "So you can all chill, I defended myself so he didn't go unscattered either." She looked over at the arena, the match was over.