chapter 11

Destery:

As Cassidy stepped inside and walked past Hilary and I, she whispered something under her breath. I really didn't want to start a scene, so I set down my bag and grabbed Hilary's hand and dragged her to her apartment.

"I love her so much destery." she giggled, kissing Zelda's soft little head.

"im really glad." I said, turning the key and opening the door ,"otherwise i'd have to take another trip up north to take her back."

What I guessed Hilary was wondering was, why did I need to travel so far to get the kitten, considering there are more than enough animal shelters in florida. But I drove ten hours to meet her father halfway, to ask if I could marry her. it was one of the scariest moments of my life, because if he said no, I would be crushed.

But, He said yes, and with a shake of the hand and a goodbye, I was on my way home, with a new confidence and a fathers approval. turns out her father was a bit of a gamer himself, so we had plenty to talk about.

Hilary:

I was thrilled with the new addition to our family. little Zelly bear had only been with us for a day, and she was already my favorite possession.

for our one year anniversary, Destery took me to a Taco Bell, because neither of us felt like paying for a giant meal we'd never eat. nonetheless, he brought roses, and a box wrapped in light pink paper.

"Destery! what is that? I thought we said no presents?" I winked and spun the gift over to my side of the table and began carefully tearing off the paper, watching his face intently. "it's not going to jump out at me is it?" I asked

"just open it. please?" he looked really excited, so I unwrapped it to find a little gold box. I flicked the lid. inside I found a small envelope, about the size of a gift card. I opened it up, and they were two tickets to a Pierce the Veil show.

"DES.OH MY GOD, BABY. " I jumped up and flung my arms around him, kissing his face and laughing.

"this too." he pulled out a second box from his camera bag, and he took out his phone to record my reaction.

I reached across the table an giggled. "destery..."

"Hil, Just open it, you're killing me."

inside there was an extravagant ring, with elvish script on it.

"Destery, I love you." I said as I started to cry.

"awwww, babe." Destery reached across the table and hugged me with the arm he wasn't filming with.

"we match." I slipped the ring on and grabbed his hand from across the table.

"that we do." he laughed and kissed me, then shut the camera off.

----------------------

Destery:

the ride home was silent, but I knew we were both super happy with our little 1 year celebration. and i realized that i don't want to stay a day without her for the rest of my life.

she was my everything, my sweetheart. it didn't take long to fall in love with her, and i don't think id know any other feeling. that rush of puppy love never left. i never took he for granted. i just wanted to hold onto her and never let her go.

Hilary:

The car ride home was magical. the quiet hum of the radiostation, the open sunroof with the hot sun  beating down on us, our sunglasses on, holding hands at the intersections because we needed to touch eachother right then and there. Pulling into the driveway and leaning over and kissing him, asking god if it could just never end. Him picking me up, fireman style and carrying me up the steps, hearing the satisfied click of the door, and feeling the rush of the ac as we walked inside, chasing one another to the bed. kissing eachother so passionately that the entire world stopped. i forgot who i was, and remembered  i didn't care about me. because i only cared about Destery, in that moment. From days to the full year we'd been together, i'd never love him more. id never loved anyone more. he was sensational, he was perfect.

he turned and shut off the light.

he was mine.