Chapter 4: Thanos' Garden

At Citadel in Wakanda...

"You are staying here or I'm sending you home," T'Challa tells a defeated looking Peter Parker.

"But your highness-!"

"Here or home."

"Yes your highness. I'll stay here." T'Challa nods and Peter Parker sits down at the table next to Fury and Hill, looking dejected. Janet and Hank are sitting at the other side of the table facing Peter, Fury and Hill. Shuri stands at the head of the table, looking at a device she holds in her hand. T'Challa turns to the rest of the crew lined up by the door; Wanda, Sam, Bucky, Quill, Drax, Mantis, Groot, Scott, Hope and Dr. Strange.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa announces as his helmet goes up and he leads the group out the door.

Shortly after at Planet 0259-S...

The Benetar lands on the garden planet and our heroes walk out of it. Wanda floats ahead, eyes full of anger, and a red glow surrounding her hands. T'Challa, Sam and Bucky follow close behind, the guardians walking together behind them. Scott and Hope walk beside one another, both human sized; with Dr. Strange bringing up the rear.

Wanda bursts through the door of Thanos' hut, taking him by surprise and pins him against one wall with magic. Thanos struggles but to no avail. His mouth hangs open in shock. The others storm in behind Wanda. Quill raises his gun and is about to pull the trigger at Thanos but Dr. Strange uses magic to freeze Quill and his gun in place. T'Challa's helmet lowers to reveal his face.

"Where are the stones?" T'Challa demands of Thanos. Quill struggles against his magical binds but it does nothing.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation," Thanos groans. Everyone looks at one another in confusion.

"Where are they?" Bucky growls.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." At Thanos' words everyone grows silent.

"You used them two days ago," Wanda almost whispers, every word dripping in venom.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable."

Wanda screams with anger and grief and blasts Thanos with a jet of red energy. Dr. Strange lets Quill go and focuses on containing Wanda instead. Quill takes the opportunity to shoot at Thanos. Dr. Strange is unable to contain Wanda, only weakening her magic. Wanda uses her left hand to blast Dr. Strange, knocking him off his feet; his head hits the ground, knocking him unconscious. Wanda focuses all her power on Thanos once more, while Quill continues to release fire. Thanos yells in agony. Bucky shoots at Thanos as well and Sam follows suit. Drax goes to run at Thanos as well but Mantis makes him sleep instead. T'Challa turns around and walks out of the hut without a word. Groot follows T'Challa. Scott grows big but not giant and picks up the unconscious Drax in one hand and the unconscious Dr. Strange in the other. Scott follows T'Challa and Groot out of the hut, Drax and Strange still in hand. Mantis makes Quill sleep and together, her and Hope carry him out of the hut as well, Hope using her wings to hover.

Thanos lay completely dead on the floor but Wanda continued to blast him with energy, melting his skin off of his body and Bucky continued to fire. Sam put his hand on Bucky's shoulder.

"Bucky. C'mon. Let's get out of here," Sam implored with worry. Bucky did not Respond. "PUT THAT GUN DOWN, HE'S DEAD." Bucky lowered the gun and turned to face Sam, anger in his eyes. Sam wrapped his arms around Bucky and flew out of the hut, still clutching Bucky. Bucky yelped at the sudden flight but did not attempt to fight against it.

Later...

Wanda sits in a heap next to a steaming pool of blood and bones that not long before, was Thanos. She clutches her face in her hands and cries. Sam enters tentatively.

"Hey Wanda," he comes to kneel beside her. She does not look up or respond. "You should come with us; get out of this place. This isn't over... but we can't stay here forever," Sam says soothingly, putting a hand on her upper back. Wanda looks up, her teary eyes meet his.

"Really? It's not over?" Wanda glares in disbelief. She lets out a forced painful laugh.