Chapter Nine

//Flashback//

*1 hour prior to car crash*

I follow the little bitch to her car, and stop her from shutting her car door. She looks at me, rolling her eyes. "What do you want, Rachelle?" Kelsie asks, and I throw my fist in her face, causing her to step back. What the fuck!"

"That was for showing up, and confronting Roman." I tell her, and grab her by her hair, throwing her down on the ground. I check my surroundings to make sure no one saw what I was doing before I kick her in the stomach, hard. "That's for trying to weasel your way into my best friend's life."

I pick her up by her chin, hitting her again across the face. "And that is for fucking with BOTH of my best friends. You leave them alone, or you're in for a world of pain. Understood?"

She spits out blood, and I step onto the middle of her back as I walk over her, and back into the casino.

As I sit there, after about an hours, I see Roman get up to leave. "I need to get back to Marlana." He says, and walks over to hug me. "Thank you for showing up today. I really needed you, and for calming me down before I got back on the road."

"Of course. Anything for both of you." I tell him, and he leaves. We make our way out, and Austin's eyes are on the road. "What is it babe?"

I watch him swallow harshly, and he opens his mouth to speak. "Isn't that Roman's truck?" He asks me, and I look to see he was right. Roman had just been I'm a car accident.

"Seth! Look!" I yell, and his eyes follow where I was pointing, and he takes off in a full sprint over to the call.

"Someone call 911!" He screams, and tries to get Roman out of the car.

"Roman, come on brother, wake up for me." Seth begs, and I hear Austin giving the directions over the phone. My heart was hammering in my chest. This was all my fault, I went after Kelsie, and she decided to go after Roman. She attempted to take away the one person in this world that Marlana couldn't live without.

When Austin and I see Marlana walk in with Seth, my heart plummets to the ground at the look on her face. Seth wraps her up in his arms. She was completely Heartbroken.

After a while she ends up asleep in my lap, and I still can't help but to think this was all my fault. After Austin talks about how he felt while I was in here, I just felt even more guilty.

I didn't think about what I was doing when I did it. I'm just so tired of that bitch doing shit to Marlana. It was bad enough when they actually did it. "Hey, want to take a walk with me?" Austin asks, and I nod.

Seth walks over to replace where I was, and I make my way outside with Austin. "Alright sunflower, what's on your mind?" He asks me, and I stop abruptly.

"How did you kn-" He cuts me off by giving me a look. I sigh, and he slides his hand in mine. "I may have went and um attacked Kelsie prior to the crash. Threatened her too, and now, she's basically permanently ruined Marlana's life."

"Rachelle, you shouldn't have done that." He says, and I nod, looking down. "But, I get it. This girl has been one of the major issues in Marlana's life, and you being her best friend, just want what's best for her. You can't blame yourself though. She would have done it whether or not you did something first."

"I know. I just feel so guilty. She's never been as happy as she is with Roman, and they are supposed to be getting married soon. She deserves a happily ever after. Especially if I got one." I tell him, and feel the tears leak over, and down my face. Austin notices this, and pulls me into his arms.