"maybe. her and midoriya seem to have a steady relationship." ojiro intervenes.

"i agree. rai came to midoriya during the calvary battle and i've only seen her talk the most around him." tokoyami adds.

"ARE OUR COMPETITORS READY? BEGIN!" present mic yells as the crowd cheers once again.

iida wastes no time in sprinting towards you. you just stand there, you're mind is too fogged with midoriya to even comprehend anything.

'what am i thinking. i can't think about him. not now. this is a weird feeling that is new to me. what is it?' you think with a blank face.

you didn't even notice you were getting dragged until present mic mentions it. "AND RAI LETS IIDA DRAG HER TO THE OUT OF BOUNDS LINE? WHAT'S HER PLAN?" he yells.

you see your heels drag across the ground as dust follows it. your neck collar getting is dragged as well. you look down at his smoking engines and sigh.

"sorry iida." you quietly say.

"WHATS THIS? IIDA SUDDENLY STOPS?" present mic yells. the class in the stands try to lean closer to get a better look.

"why did he just stop?

"he had this in the bag! rai was distracted!"

"did rai do that?"

"w-what? my engines?" iida say in disbelief. he looks down and sees lightning surrounding his engines, shutting them off.

you wiggle out his grasp and activate your quirk. everyone hears a yell and in a split second, iida is out of bounds and you stand in the middle of the field, still with a blank face.

midnight looks surprised but swings her whip anyways, "IIDA IS OUT OF BOUNDS, RAI ADVANCES TO THE NEXT ROUND!" she yells.

the crowd goes wild at the quick win and present mic is quick to make his opinion "DID ANYONE SEE THAT? THIS GIRL IS INSANELY FAST! IN NOT EVEN A SECOND SHE WAS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARENA?!" he says in total shock.

you walk to your entrance and see iida looking at you in disbelief "i'm sorry again. i can't afford to lose at this point. i have a mission." you say while snapping your fingers.

he hears a roar and looks down to see his engines running again. he looks back at you and sees you stuff your hands into your pockets, disappearing into the shadows of the entrance.
                                    ꧁꧂

"hey! am i missing it?" midoriya says while running to the front row of the class section. he looks and sees tokoyami fighting vine girl.

"midoriya bro! you're back!" kirishima says with a smile.

"you were so cool in your match with todoroki! you got him to use his fire!" kaminari compliments.

midoriya rubs his neck and smiles "thanks guys!" he says. he scans the seats and when he doesn't find the person he's looking for, his smile disappears.

"are you looking for rai?" ojiro asks. everyone looks at midoriya and he nods.

"well she hasn't come back since her match with iida." jirou says while twirling her earphone.