"Not now, Monica", I said evasively, trying to push her off of me, but she held on with her tiny little fingers: they were like steel claws into the back of my shirt, and my neck.

"Come on", she said again, in that same whisper-yell that was supposed to sound sexy, "you know you want to." I didn't. I really didn't.

When she trailed her fingers down my chest, and to the buttons of my pants, however, I couldn't care less that she was in my lap and would fall: I simply stood up while pushing at her at the same time. She went down with a small yelp and a huff, spilling beer all over herself.

"I said no, Monica!" I said as she glared darkly up at me from where she sat on the floor.

I turned and stalked away from there as fast as I could, going to the kitchen to grab another beer. Where was she? Where was my Lily?

Lily's POV

I was on my third - I think - bottle of beer, when Jason got hold of me in the living room. I was dancing closely with some guy with a shaved head and a tattoo on his left shoulder. I had never seen him before, but I was rather enjoying myself. This was exactly what I had needed to get my mind off of Cain Evans.

"Oh, great!" I swore as Jason grabbed my arm and tore me away from Tattoo-guy, who was too drunk to notice, anyway.

"Having fun?" Jason shouted in my ear to be heard over the music.

"Not anymore!" I yelled and waved him off. He ignored it with a laugh, pulled me close and started grinding against my hip.

"Stop it, Jason! Go away!" I told him and pushed at his chest.

"Aw, come on, darling! Have some fun!"

"I WAS having fun, actually - until you came along!" I pushed at him again, but he wouldn't budge.

"Is this guy bothering you?" It was said in a low, murderous growl. I would recognize that voice anywhere. Cain Evans. I turned around to face him.

"Yes, actually. He is."

I looked up at him and met his eyes, that immediately softened from the death-glare he'd had fixed on Jason. An electric shock went through me. The music, Jason, and all the other people around us - the whole world - just disappeared, turned into nothing. They didn't matter anymore: just this god-like creature in front of me.

Suddenly I was pushed from behind, and we broke eye-contact as I stumbled into his chest. His arms closed around me in reflex, as to not have us fall. I was on fire. I wanted to kiss him so badly - I wanted to rip his clothes off and lick every hot inch of his body, from head to toe. I wanted to love him, and I wanted him to love me back.

His whole body went rigid, and I thought it was because he was uncomfortable with me in his arms. But why, then, was he holding me so tight?

I gathered myself up and pulled back, blushing like mad for the things I'd just thought about him. I smiled awkwardly up at him, but forgot all about everything when our eyes met once again.

His eyes were on fire, just as my body, and they seemed to be almost glowing. I would have thought they did, if the mere idea weren't so ridiculous. But I could feel his longing. Longing for me. It was a comfort to know that at least I wasn't the only one in the room with a dirty mind.

Suddenly, he snapped out of it and grabbed hold of my hand.

"Come on." He said it so softly that it was barely audible over the music around us.

With the fire still running through my body - starting at out linked hands, then up my arm to my head, and then all the way down to my toes - I followed him through the crowd of people in the living room, and the hallway, and up the stairs to the second floor. The music was just as loud up here as it was downstairs, but there were fewer people and it was easier to walk.