He only guided her into him, leaning down and strategically nuzzling his head into the crook her neck.

"Baku-"

"Please," he whispered, "just a little while longer."

She felt her heart obnoxiously pound from both the action and his words, his calloused fingers rubbing in ataractic movements on her shoulder blade.

She hesitantly brought her arm into the air, intertwining her hand into his ashen blonde. She twirled the follicles, resting her chin on the side of his skull. She was enveloped in the intoxicating blend of burnt sugar and caramel, the fragrance gradually becoming her new favorite.  

Neither of them had the strength or will to move from the other, aware that this temporary moment of utter bliss would have to last them a lifetime.

Who knew when such a chance would present itself again?

"Sakura." He called, peering up at her as his hot breath tickled her, "yeah?"

"I like this." He hinted, not bothering to hold back. Maybe it was a mistake, being so transparent with her, or perhaps he'd regret it later.

But for now, he savored it.

"What do you mean?" She swallowed, suppressing the rapidly rising anticipation of his response.

"Waking up to you." He confessed, his mellow rectitude causing her to blink in a stunned confusion, though he couldn't see her- which could explain his bold attitude.

It was astounding; the difference between the man he was yesterday, and who was so perilously clutching onto her now. However, it wouldn't matter; either way, she relished his presence.

"I do too," she timidly conceded, throbbing palpitations hitting her ribcage.

"Good." He gruffly murmured, "I'm glad."

"Bak-"

The door suddenly swung open, Bakugou and Sakura immediately going to opposite sides of the mattress as Hoshi theatrically entered.

"Good morning!" He cheerfully greeted, hopping onto the bed with the pair, "so you didn't have to sleep on the couch?"

"No, he didn't." Sakura answered for him, saving Bakugou the embarrassment of her son's interrogation.

Hoshi winked at Bakugou, who returned the not-so-subtle gesture, "so he took pretty good care of you, huh?"

She titled her head with clear bewilderment, worried that she hadn't heard him correctly, "what?"

"Don't worry about it," the boy grinned, "it's between me and Baku only."

"Should I be concerned?"

"Possibly." Bakugou joined, lazily smirking at the duo next to him, "come on, I have to get ready to patrol."

"Oh right," she yawned, "wait- it's Wednesday?"

The fact that she knew his patrolling schedule made something tug within him, though he couldn't identify what it had been.

"Yeah?" He observed her curiously, "and?"

"Yesterday I asked if Hoshi could miss out on his training because of everything and you said yes, but he never had practice in the first place." She raised an accusatory brow, "why didn't you tell me?"