21

Spencer was talking to his mom. He had finally had the opportunity to talk to her in person. He was confused but grateful. He thought he was on lockdown and there were no visitors allowed. But he was saying goodbye. They were standing in the middle of the room by the door. His back was to the door. "JJ's gonna keep coming to visit you, ok?"

"You should tell Y/n she should come over as well, she's a delight" Diana smiled as she spoke "I haven't seen her in a while I think"

Spencer frowned "Actually about that-"

He was cut off when a young woman's voice spoke into the room "Ready Diana? It's time"

"Don't rush me" Diana quietly spoke

"It's time to go" once she said those words something clicked in Spencer's brain.

He turned around and realized he recognized her but he couldn't grasp the memory "Have we met?"

"No. I'm sorry, I should've introduced myself. Carol Atkinson" she held her hand out to shake his but he didn't move

"I know you" he whispered, it clicked. He remembered who she was. "You're Lindsey Vaughn" The daughter of a former hitman for the Irish mob. He worked on a case in 2007 where the team had to find her. He remembered her.

"No" she shook her head gently "Carol. Carol Atkinson. It's nice to meet you. Your mother is an angel. So glad you got this time together"

Spencer froze. This wasn't right. She walked past him and lead Diana towards the door "Let's go Diana. Time to go"

Time to go

It clicked. She was the woman who was in the motel room in Mexico. She killed Nadie. She drugged him and she made him follow her in a car full of drugs.

Time to go

She told him it was time to go when she dangled the keys in his face. Spencer looked up and looked out the door to only see her smirk as she walked away with his mother. He immediately ran over to the door and banged on it.

"Guard! Guard!" He banged on the door looking through the glass "Mom! Mom!"

...

Spencer had finally got a hold of Emily and he was sitting across from her along with his lawyer. He was explaining what had happened "Cassie didn't bring my mom. It was Lindsey from witness protection. She pretended to be my mom's nurse. Now I haven't figured out the mechanics yet. Replacing Cassie, winning my mom's trust, getting past the prison security guards, but I will I just haven't figured it out yet." He ranted out

"Reid" Emily shook her head, she was worried. This sounded far-fetched.

"Remember that. You remember that right? That case in 2007" he spilled out a quickly

"Okay, maybe you think you saw her-"

"Her father is Jack Vaughn a former hitman for the Irish mob. He and Lindsey were in witness protection. Lindsey and her friend Katie were abducted, Katie was killed, and Jack murdered the unsub in front of me." Spencer spoke really quickly, he wanted Emily to catch up. To remember so he could know that his mother was safe. Spencer was growing desperate. "Do you honestly not remember any of this?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm sorry I forgot. But Reid how could she possibly-"

Before she could finish her sentence Spencer interrupted. He felt like no one believed him and like he was alone. He just wanted someone to believe him but the look in Emily's eyes didn't show that. "I don't know! That's why I'm telling you this. I don't know but I know what I saw!"