CHPT. 08 Unlucky Bennett and Furry Razor

Start from the beginning

Alastor immediately noticed, chuckling softly inside. His counterpart appeared by the gods side, completely invisible to everyone but himself. Hyde wrapped his arms around Venti, as the bars suddenly felt a familiar warmth around him.

Alastor smiled hopelessly as he felt the winds change, the breeze now flowing with such joy and love. "Monstadt is home. Wherever you are is home."

Ş̷̡́̀̕͟͟͝͞͞͡҉u̧c҉̶̸̵͘͘͢͟h҉̸̵̕͠͝҉̵̨̢̕͜͢͏̸̨ ̴a͘ ̵̶̴̴̢̛̕͢͟͢l̴̶̶̛̀͢͠͏̷̛҉̷̵̢̛́͜͜͠ie̸҉̶̵̵̡̛̀̕͘̕͟͡͞͡

.

"Al meet Bennett!" Aether smiled brightly as he introduced the unlucky adventurer. After his adventure group disbanded, he was left alone until the traveler stretched out his hand and offered to take him on his adventures. The boy easily agreed, but felt scared of his unlucky effect.

"Bennett this is Al! Alastor I mean."

Bennett stared at Alastor, tilting his head as the other mirrored his action. A sense of kinship came from each other, adorning a welcoming smile towards the adventurer. Unlucky they were, but they arrived to survive and live a good life.

"Nice to meet you Bennett. And, you already know razor." Alastor stepped aside to present a grey-haired boy fiddling with his charred coat. Normally, he wouldn't act so shy but now was a special case.

The relationship between Razor and Alastor was odd. The two met each other years ago, even before the incident with the Fatui and Ursa drake. Ever since then, the demon of contracts would often visit the boy and his pack, occasionally speaking to Andrius. The spirit of boreas was acquainted with him and neither did he acknowledge Alastor as 'human'. He was an immortal being that was mostly isolated from human kind like Razor.

Alastor would also teach him how to properly use a claymore and control his visions power, which lead to Razor gradually improving. The wolf-boy admired him, saw him as an Older brother figure that he always needed.

"Razor?! What's Razor doing here?" Paimon asked, blinking surprise. She watched as Alastor fondly ruffled the boys head, smiling brightly at them.

"Razor... Razor is..." The boy could not finish his sentence, quietly grumbling to himself. He stared at the ground and fiddled with his coat once again, shyly looking away.

Unlike Alastor, he never knew how to interact with another human.

"Razor wants to... Come with... Traveler and Bennett... Big brother too." He murmured, glancing at Alastor. The contract demon was proudly smiling at him, his expression comparable to an older brother who admitted that their siblings were his pride.

Stare~

Both the unsocial boys flinched at the four stares they got. Sweatdropping at how the unnerving gazes were stuck to them once the word 'big brother' left razors lips.

"Woah!! So your the big brother Razor kept talking about!" Bennett gasped, a bright grin on his face. He and the wolf-boy were friends and he always heard some stories of this mysterious 'brother' of his.

"Is that so. But I'm not his biological brother." Alastor chuckled, patting Razor's scarily fluffy head.

From the questioning looks his companions gave him, he retold a short summary of how he and razor met along with their relationship. Emphasizing that Razor was like his younger brother, and loved him as family. He didn't want any kind of misunderstandings that would make him with doing anything unnecessary.