Chapter 3 | Gwen

Começar do início

"It's weird isn't it?" Merlin asks not making eye contact.

"What?"

"Soulmates." He answers "They are supposed to be the one thing in life that's set in stone, the one thing that is meant to be and yet it just doesn't feel like it." he finally looks at her again"Destiny is a horrible thing, huh?." Gwen laughs at this.

"Yeah. Sometimes it feels like we simply where the only ones left. As if we weren't meant to be together but every other was just taken already." She makes a pause "And sometimes I couldn't imagine a life without feeling them, couldn't Imagine if my mark someday is just gone."

A comfortable silence fills the corridor for a while. Both where thankfull to get this of their chest, to finally feel understood.

"So what is it that you are upset about?" She asks him, obviously she had noticed his discomfort the whole day.

"Nothing serious."

"Merlin." She raises her eyebrow.

He knew it wasn't fair to not tell her after what she had just told him.

"It's about these visitors, I just... got a bad feeling about them." he answered with a sigh.

"They are odd, aren't they. I noticed that as well." The maid answered "I could have sworn I heard Lord Godrics voice change when I walked up to their chambers to change the bed sheets."

"Yes! I heard that too." Merlin now got exited.

"And if you got a bad feeling we might want to be careful. You got a good sense for that, I noticed."

Merlin couldn't help but smile proudly at that.

He told her what he heard and how he notices Lady Adalines missing mark.

"I don't think that's enough to convince anyone." Gwen noticed smiling sorry.

"It isn't I already went to Arthur with that." He rolled his eyes.

"Driving you mad, is he?"

"Nothing new." Merlin his tone is annoyed, but his mood was lifted after this talk.

"Maybe we just watch for a while." Gwen suggested "If it's true what you heard we still got some time before... something happens. And then you can go to Arthur again, he will listen to you, I'm sure he will."

"Sure."

"He trusts you more than you think." She smiled at him "Well it's really time I get these to where they belong." She said pointing with her chin on the clothing in their arms and laughs softly.

They heard someone loudly screaming Merlins name. Merlin rolled his eyes after recognizing the voice of his king. He gave his part of the clothes to Gwen, gave her an apologizing smile and with that they separated.

•·················•·················•

A new morning had arrived and the air was still refreshing cool.

"Ready some horses, Merlin" The king commands, not even bothering to look at his servant, which gave him a confused look.

"Where are we going." He asked.

"I think Lord Godric could use some distraction." Arthur answered, still looking straight (hah!) forward, Merlin had a hard time keeping up with his steps "I'm going hunting."

"Killing animals to cope with a traumatic event, sounds great." He mutters to himself.

"Merlin, I know you don't seem to trust them." Arthur then stop sand turns to his friend to put a hand on his shoulder "But this woman and her husband lost their kid, you saw her the day she arrived. I don't believe it was all just acting." Merlin had to agree with him on this. Lady Adaline looked truly broken. Not only that, but whatever they where talking about in their chambers, she didn't seem like she liked what she had to do.