'What did I do' he thought

He paced throughout his cell, tugging at his hair and asking himself why his plan went so horribly wrong. It was only meant for one person. He rolled his hands into fists and sat in his bed. He rocked back and forth trying to figure out how to reverse what he did.

'God what did I do'

...

It had been weeks since you last saw Spencer. You sat in silence eating, looking at the empty chair in front of you. You remembered him sitting across from you. You remembered the way his hand would reach over to touch yours whenever he began to spit out a random fact. When he touched your hand you felt special. You knew how much of a germaphobe he was and how iffy he was when it came to shaking hands.

He made you feel one of a kind. And now he didn't want you around. You knew it was the stress but that didn't help you feel any better. You wanted to go back and tell him that you had fallen for him and that you couldn't just leave him. But that wouldn't have done you or him any good. At least that's what you thought.

As soon as you finished cleaning up your counter there was a knock on the door. You walked over to your front door and through the peephole you found JJ. You opened the door and she was smiling. "We are getting closer to getting Spencer out of prison"

"How" you opened the door wider and let her inside

"Scratch was spotted in Honduras" she stepped inside and stood near the doorway

"Wait that puts him in LatinAmerica which means that there is a huge likelihood that he passed through Mexico" you walked her towards your living room

"Exactly," she said behind you "Tara has been with Spence since yesterday performing a cognitive so he can put Scratch at the scene of the crime"

"What difference would that make" you sat down on your couch and you watched her sit at the other end "wouldn't that just make him any other prisoner pleading his innocence"

"Walker says that if he gives his friends at the NSA something tangible then they can put Scratch on the high priority watchlist" she explained

"Okay" you nodded "That brings Spencer one step closer to getting out of there"

"Yes it does" she smiled brightly

"Why did you come all the way over here to tell me this," you asked "You could've called"

"I wanted to check up on you" her smile became less enthusiastic "I know Spencer refusing to see you must have been hard"

"Well I'm fine" you could see that she didn't buy it "Well I'm not fine but I will be once he's out of that place, even if he still doesn't want to see me"

"You really care about him don't you"

"Yeah I do" you nodded and lightly smiled

Before she could say anything her phone rang. "Sorry it's Tara I asked her for updates" you nodded and she picked up the phone. While she talked you looked over at your coffee table and picked up the book sitting in the middle and placed it on your lap.

Once she hung up, you asked "Any news?"

"Um" she sighed "Yesterday Spencer had a really tough time remembering what happened that day in Mexico and he thought he was the one who stabbed Nadie, the victim"

"Well that's absurd" you responded, raising a brow

"He was extremely sleep deprived and something else happened in that place that is causing him to block out the real memory of what happened" she paused for a second, almost bracing for her next words "But he finally remembered what happened and it wasn't scratch who was in the room, it was a woman"

"So Scratch has an accomplice?" You leaned back in your cushion

"Or he could be manipulating another person to do his dirty work" she shrugged

"Great" you groaned

"I wish I had better news but we are a step further" she reached over and her hand landed on your thigh. Your hand landed over hers and you smiled.

"What's that" she looked over at the book in your lap

"Oh" you moved your hand and she moved hers back on her own lap "This is actually for you to give to Spencer's mom"

"What is it" she took the book from your hands

"It's his moms favorite" you smiled "Margery Kempe"

"You remembered her favorite?" She questioned

"Yeah we were all talking one day before everything happened and it came up" you nodded

"I think she would appreciate it more if it came from you directly" she tried to give the book back but you gently pushed it back towards her

"That's not a good idea"

"Why not"

"Well" you began "Let's say she remembers me coming over even after he booted me out of his life then I'm going to look like a creepy stalker so it's just better if he thinks you got it for her"

"Y/n he didn't boot you out of his life"

"Then telling me that he never wanted to see me again is kind of a hard sell" you chuckled, trying to keep yourself from crying. Again. It was better when no one saw you, you didn't feel like such a crybaby

"He's just going through a lot" you could see the guilt in her face as well. They were best friends and she thought that he would never end up in this situation.

"Yeah"