................................

The storm doesn't seem to subside, and it's getting dark outside. I continued reading my book, and I listened to the howling of provoked wind. Drake listened to me closely as I read it out loud. This is the part where the princess goes missing and the prince is in distress without her. It describes how he slowly loses his sanity without his significant other.

How he spends day and night searching for her... but still couldn't reach her.

I wonder how Drake behaved the time I got kidnapped. From what I remember, he looked exhausted and downhearted.

The roar of my starving tummy pulled us both back to reality.

'Aww you are hungry', Drake spoke, poking my tummy playfully.

'hehe just a little', I mumbled, smiling.

'I will quickly go get food. It's in the other carriage,' he spoke getting up and stretching.

'Okay', I mumbled.

Drake walked towards the door and opened it, making freezing snow blow in. He quickly closed it and sighed.

'Whoa. That's cold', he spoke laughing.

'yea, it is. Come and wear this', I spoke as I handed him a thick coat and kissed his forehead lovingly.

'Be safe', I whispered.

'Aww. Of course, Wifey'. He grinned and walked out of the door. Oh no, he left the door open. I groaned and got up, wrapping the blankets tightly around me.

Just as I was about to close the door, I heard a scream...?

Confused, I listened closely. There was no sound other than the loud wind. I'm probably just imagining. Maybe it's because I'm hungry? No food makes me go slightly insane.

But then, I heard it again, and it sounded like a little boy's voice. I poked my head out and was welcomed by heavy snow. This is freezing; I better get myself a warm coat.

I hurried inside and wrapped myself with more blankets and Drake's big coat. After I was fully clothed, I walked out of the door forgetting about the steps. I landed harshly on the snow covered ground.

I jumped up from the ground and shook off the chilly snow and walked towards the dark. After taking just a few steps forward, I looked back, not finding the carriage.

I gulped down my spit, frightened but still continued following the voice. If I go straight ahead, I could turn around and get back safely, right?

Yes...? My eighteen-year-old sense replied.

'DADDYYYYY', I now heard the little boy call out for his father. I hurriedly stomped over the snow and walked towards the voice. What is this little boy doing in the forest during a snowstorm? I hope he is somewhere safe.

'HELLOOW. Where are youuu? I'm trying to help youu', I screamed back making him yell back, 'IM SCARED. IM LOST'.

Okay, thank goodness I'm close to him. Exhausted from walking through this thick layer of snow, I stopped for a second to catch my breath, then yelled, 'Can you count from one to ten out loud, please?'

'YES... ONE'

I followed his voice more and bumped into a big rock. My toe and head hurt now. I massaged by head and continued walking.

'TWO'

God, this rock is huge. Oh wait, maybe it's a cave. Desperately, I struggled to find the entrance.

'THREE'

Ouch, another bump on the rock. Suddenly, I felt proud of every blind person for surviving their life.

'FOUR. AREE YOU THERE? I'M SCAREDD', the boy yelled out. His voice echoed as if he was inside a...

'I'M RIGHT HERE. ARE YOU INSIDE A CAVE?' I enquired. Please say yes...

'YES', he shouted. I let out a breath of happiness.

'OKAY. CONTINUE COUNTING PLEASE'

'FIVE', he shouted. Suddenly, I saw a little light. My eyes squinted as I started following the dim light. And just in a couple minutes, I found an entrance.

A smile erupted from my lips in victory. I'm so close... I slowly stumbled my way inside and saw a little fire going. There were a few tools lying on the ground too. Wait, it doesn't look like tools; it looks like weapons?

Puzzled, I stayed silent and listened closely. My heart started beating faster and my mind started warning me to leave. I remember the times I didn't trust my instincts and life changed. And this time, it feels similar.

'Keep counting if you want your little brother alive', I heard a voice speak. Oh no! Is this a trap? My breathing became heavy as I slowly backed away to escape from this trouble.

'Ask where she is', I heard the man speak.

'HELLOO. WHERE ARE YOU?' the little boy asked. His voice shook in fright. I felt very sorry for him. I really do want to help him. Think, Emma. Is there something you could do?

My brain started working hard on our escape plan until one solution came. I know I can't escape from them. If I keep quiet more, they will start looking for me. So, let's do this.

'COMING. Almost there,' I yelled back.

Good thing my life is a mess. I don't care if I die anymore. But deep inside I do because of the child growing inside of me. I hope my plan works.

................................................................................

Dont forget to vote and comment. Love you all xoxo