Complicated (Part One)

Hey guys! Here I am blessing you with my random appearance by writing a few chapters. I hope y'all enjoy it!

---------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

     I never liked the idea of falling in love. Love is this chemical that exists in every single one of us, but this chemical is so strong that it causes pain, peace, suffering, paradise, and chaos. Love can be beautiful, but love has been chaotic in my life. My father would abuse my mother because he "loved" her. My mother ran away and took me with her when I was 10 years old because she "loved" me, but somehow she thought that the best way to show a child that you love them is by having men come over every night and have them listen to them all night. 

     Eventually, my mother somehow managed to find a rich boyfriend when I was 13, but what bothered me was the fact that I knew my mother was only after his money. He was in love with her, but she was in love with his money. The only love I actually felt in my life was from him honestly. Because he loved my mother, he also fell in love with me and he saw me as his own. He would always take me to the park, bought me clothes, took me out on daughter-father dates, and he would always show up to any school events I had. His name was Braxton Johnson and he was the only good example of love I had in my life. My mother on the other hand would put up an entire act of love towards him. My mother called me freshman year of college and told me that Braxton was in a car accident and didn't make it. 

     I was devastated and I felt myself break apart. I remember distinctly that my mother was "crying" and selling the devastated widow act to everyone during his funeral. She began showing her true colors when it was revealed that Braxton's will was to leave his money, house, and business to me. Oh, my mother was furious that she was willing to kill her "little girl" by covering her face with a pillow while I was asleep on the couch. I only survived because I was able to kick her off me and call for help. I mean what was I suppose to do? She was crazy, power-hungry, manipulative, fake, messed-up, and, I don't know, broken. I mean, don't get me wrong I hate her, but I don't blame her. All the abuse, hook-ups, and stress about raising me must have caused her to shape her mentality in a way that focused on just her survival and need for power. I just don't think I will ever forgive my mother for trying to kill me, no matter what she has "done for my well-being".  

     So here I am now, 28 years old, CEO of my stepfather's company, working with his entire board of rich boys and men. I've struggled to prove my worth and place as CEO, but earning their respect seemed impossible. Being in charge of a company that is meant to sell and produce clothing, gear, and shoes for athletes is not as easy as it seems. Especially when a bunch of men doesn't think you can do it because you are a woman who "does not know anything about sports". It's a frustrating sterotype that is put out there by this messed up society we live in. I know that the image of a strong female being the CEO is something that is trying to reach the younger girls in this world, but it should also reach the younger boys in this world. Like Braxton once told me, "To make a point, you must not only reach those you want to strengthen. You must also help the blind see your point." I have only proven my place towards these men, and I have never once tried to make it out to seem that I am above them. I am their equal, just like they are mine. Moving foward, point being that I gained their respect and now I am running a very succesful and large company. As I have mentioned, this company dedicates itself into making equipment, clothes, and shoes for athletes, yet there is one athlete that has been almost impossible to satisfy with any of my products. His name is Levi Ackerman and his sport is tennis. Levi Ackerman has a 5 year streak and it was brought to my attention that with a good athlete like him would to use my equipment and clothing, that it would benifit the company and work better on creating tennis equipment.

     Levi Ackerman does not use any famous brands or equipment. He shared with the world that he himself makes his own rackets and clothes. That the only thing he buys are shoes and even then they are not well known brand shoes. So for the past year I have been trying to convince him to use our equipment, clothes, shoes, and everytime he always finds something that he does not like. So here I am today, formalating a plan on creating a racket for Levi Ackerman to use. I sighed softly as I took my hair out of a pony tail. "God. Why are men so difficult to please," I asked out loud as I leaned against my chair. I had just closed my eyes when my secretary Eren Jager walked in. "Miss (Y/N), Levi Ackerman is here. Should I send him in right now?" I sat up looking at him with a small smile on my lips. "Of course. Thank you." Eren smiled in return and left my office to get Levi. I carefully tied my hair back up in a pony tail and fixed myself a bit as I stood up from my seat. I stood infront of my desk and prepared myself to present my idea to Levi. After a minute, Levi Ackerman walked in with his manager Erwin Smith. "Good afternoon Mr. Ackerman and Mr. Smith. Please make yourselfs comfortable," I smiled as I made my way back behind my desk. Levi sat down with an expressionless look while Erwin had a smile on his face. "Thank you for inviting us over Miss (Y/N), but I can not assure you that Levi will agree with whatever you are about to offer him," Erwin explained as he watched me quickly look over at my folder. I smiled at them with a sudden strong sense of confidence. "I feel like this time he would agree actually. Mr. Ackerman, I do not have a proper set plan to present to you, but rather I am asking you if you would be willing to create a racket of your own likes." Levi raised an eyebrow in interest and I knew that I had finally caught his attention. "So...you want me to help you design a tennis racket? Say I agree to do this, will I be able to change anything if I want to," Levi asked as he made direct eye contact with me. I smiled and nodded saying,"Yes. You will be able to do anything you like. I ,however, went ahead and asked my team to create some kind of sketch just to start off with some kind of idea. We can change everything completely if you have a diffrent vision, but may I show you what my team has come up with?" Levi thought for a moment before asking for my folder. I was so happy and relieved that I was finally able to catch Levi's interest in my company. I handed him the folder and we ended up having a 2 hour meeting about the product. He had liked the concept that my team was able to formalate, but like always he found things he didn't like. This time though he sat down with me and shared his opinions and ideas on how to make the product a whole lot better.

     Levi and I began to work on this product for a good 3 months. During those 3 months we had started to get close. I considered him as a friend and I was happy. He had invited me to lunch multiple times and I always said yes because there was something about him that I really enjoyed. He started to smile and laugh more, well around me at least. He has shown me so many things about himself, but I never told him about myself. It wasn't until one day while we were having lunch that he had asked me one question. "Why don't you share your past with me?" I remember tensing up as I had taken a sip of my drink. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. "I don't know. I just never thought you would be interested. I know you shared your past with me and I appreciate it truly, but my past is very difficult and I rather keep that to myself." He simply nodded and dropped the topic. I felt so relieved that he didn't sit there and tried to force it out of me, but I felt guilty. Guilty for not wanting to share with him my struggles, pain, dreams, achievements, and succeses with him, just like he had with me. But things were always complicated. Levi would simply just smile and tell me that whenever I was ready I could tell him, but I don't know if I'll ever be ready...This is world and these feelings I am feeling around him are just so complicated...Maybe one day I will...

----------------------

Hi there! I hope you guys enjoy this first part. Originally I was going to make this a long chapter but then I decided to give you guys like a sneak peek of it. Let me know if you guys want to read part 2! Thank you guys so much! Love y'all!