10| Three Days Off

I woke up in the morning to the other side of my bed unmade. I remember Nick bringing me home and I offered for him to stay, but I don't remember the rest. I'm looking out the window at the Toronto skyline when I hear soft footsteps into my room. "Good morning B." I turn to see Nick in my doorway holding two coffees and a bag.

"Good morning." I smile. "Come back to bed."

"You know I really appreciate you letting me sleep over when I'm in town." Nick comes in to the room and hands the coffee to me.

"Thanks." I sip the hot coffee. "You're welcome. I like having you here." I sit propped up against the headboard with my hair still a mess.

"Have I ever told you that you look beautiful in the morning?" Nick says.

"Oh well, thank you." I laugh smiling. "I was thinking last night."

"Really?" Nick says sarcastically and intrigued.

"Well um, maybe when you're in town, uh you'd want to sleep here overnight more often?" I ask. Nick doesn't say much. "You know, get away from Auston?"

"I'd love that B. You know how much I care about you, but I'm just afraid the team would find out."

"Well I think we could just tell Auston. I'm sure he wouldn't make a big deal of it."

"Well I'm excited to be spending more time with you." He leans over and kisses me. I was excited to be spending time with Nick, but school was getting busy. It was the beginning of December. That meant that exams would be happening in the next coming weeks. We hadn't talked about Christmas together or what anyone would be doing. We migrated downstairs to the kitchen and living room. "So now that I have three days off, we can catch up on Suits." Nick says sitting on the couch in his usual spot. 

"Yeah. I just have some homework to do, but we can put it on." I made it sound like I didn't have much homework, but in reality, I had a nice pile of readings, papers, and case studies. I only had a few classes on campus this term. I took my electives as online credits so that I could hopefully focus more on the other classes. It certainly made my schedule look empty, but there was still plenty of work to be done. It's also harder to get things done when Nick is in the city. It's no one's fault but my own. I know he understands that I am busy with school, but I feel bad for not seeing him when he's in town. I grabbed my computer off my desk and sat next to Nick, while he turned on Netflix. I worked on my essays while Nick laid on the couch watching the tv. By the time I had finished my third assignment, Nick was asleep. 

-3pm- 

I decided that it was a perfect time for me to do some more work. I went over to my desk and sat down and read 2 case studies and wrote some notes for them. It started raining and the city became dark as droplets hit the windows. It was just Nick's presence that gave me comfort. I was used to spending time alone, but I was often lonely when Nick was on the road. 

-6pm- 

It was officially the evening and Nick was still sleeping on my couch. The rain continued as the sky turned black. I hated when the sun went down early in the winter months I turned off the tv and kept reading my books. I hadn't sat down and done this much school work in a few weeks. It wasn't until I went to make another cup of coffee that I saw him move on the couch. 

Nick's POV

I remember sitting on the couch watching Suits as Brooks finished her school work. She always worked so hard at it and I couldn't be more proud of her. I couldn't imagine the workload she has to deal with. I'm woken up to the smell of coffee. The living room was dark with only one lamp on. The one on Brooks' desk. Judging by the mess on her desk and the floor around her, she had been sitting there studying for hours. "What time is it?" I ask her.