9| The Dinner Party

We were laying in my bed in silence and I was wrapped up in the sheets while Nick stroked my hair. "We should get ready." Nick says breaking the silence.

"Can't we just cancel?" I ask.

"No we gotta go." Nick says and I groan.

"Fine. We'll take a shower together then." I laugh. I get up and go into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I let the shower heat up and I step in. Just as I wet my hair, the door opens and Nick joins me.

"Let me wash your hair." He softly. He starts to shampoo my hair and I practically melt.

"Mm if only you could do this everyday." I say without thinking.

"Me too." He kisses my shoulder. We both finish showering and get out. Nick gets dressed and I blowout my hair and go into my closet.

"We have to go soon. Do you want me to dry your hair?" I ask.

"Please? Then it won't look like I just got out of the shower." We laugh. He sits in my bed and I stand between his legs and dry his hair. I can feel him put his hands on my hips. I finish drying his hair and I run my fingers through it.

"All done." I smile. "I'm gonna do my makeup and then get dressed and we can go."

"Okay." He smiles. I go back into the bathroom and do my makeup. I put on light makeup, nothing too bold. I go into my closet and put on my satin green dress that goes just past my knees. I put on my nude high heels. This made me taller than Nick, but not by much.

"What did you do?" I walk out to see Nick sitting in the chair in the corner of my room that faced out the window. He had made the bed. "You're so sweet."

"You're welcome. You look beautiful though." He stands up and gives me a kiss.

"Thank you." I smile. "We should get going." We get into the car for the 2 minute ride to Nick's building. We walk to Morgan's apartment hand in hand and ring the doorbell.

"Hi guys!" Tessa opens the door. She looks very happy. I've met her before and she was a super nice girl. Her and Morgan were a perfect match.

"Hi! It's so good to see you!" I say and I hug her. We walk into the apartment and its decorated like a wedding reception. The large dining room table had been decorated with flowers and candles. "It's so pretty in here!"

"Thank you, you know I couldn't have done it without Morgan." Tessa says.

"Hello you two." Morgan comes up and teases us.

"Hi Mo." I hug him.

"B looking beautiful as ever, huh Robby?" Morgan lets go of me and hugs Nick.

"She does as always." Nick smiles and I blush.

"Why don't Morgan, you take their coats, and I can get them a drink?" Tessa relieves the awkwardness.

"Sounds great. I can take those off your hands." Morgan says. We take off our jackets and hand them to Morgan. We walked to the kitchen where there were a few staff members getting dinner ready. Tessa got us all a drink and we went into the living room.

"Hey Brooks, why don't you come with us?" Tessa had said referring to the group of girls. The other guys were standing out on the large balcony laughing at something. I look at Nick, not wanting to leave him by himself.

"Go, I gotta catch up with Morgan and the rest." Nick assures me. Nick goes outside and I'm left with Tessa and the other girls. This was the first time I was meeting them. I was certainly nervous.

"I want to introduce you to Brooks, she's been best friends with Morgan since they were little and she's also Nick's girlfriend." Tessa smiles in front of everyone.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you guys." I sit down next to Tessa.

"I'm Steph. I'm Mitch's girlfriend."

"I'm Sydney, Matt's wife."

"I'm Alannah, Zach's girlfriend." They all went around. Morgan gave me the impression that tonight was a small dinner.

"It's so nice to meet you all you guys look beautiful." I say to them. They all thank me.

"So how did you and Nick meet?" Sydney asked.

"Uh" I start to blush "Well, Morgan had invited me to go to dinner with him before the season started, yet when I showed up 5 guys from the team were also there. Nick was there and we didn't talk much, but then he had followed me on instagram one night I went to the game and the rest is history."

"I thought I recognized you! After games, you'd stand further down the hall outside the locker room." Steph says.

"Yeah, I was always intimidated by you guys because I was just Morgan's little sister basically."

"Well you are more than welcome to hang out with us at games." Sydney says. "Also, I have to say, Matt told me that this was going to be a small dinner party." She laughs and the rest of us laugh. We continued to talk for a while. I learned how everyone met their boyfriends and husbands. It was nice to meet everyone and get to know everyone better.

"Dinner's ready!" Tessa says. We all get up and find our seats at the table. I sat beside Nick and Tessa. I was glad to be sitting near people I was more familiar with.

"Hey." Nick says to me when we sit down.

"Hey. Did you have fun?" I ask.

"Yeah. It was nice to catch up, but I'm glad I'm here with you now."

"Alright, let me get you some wine Brooks" Auston says. He's sitting across from Nick so I lean over and put my hand on Nick's thigh for support as Auston fills the glass.

"Thanks Auston." I lean back over into my chair and wink at Nick. I can feel his stare as I drink my wine. 

Dinner goes by with laughter and stories of the team and various vacations they've taken together. I feel welcome in this group and I feel that I finally fit in with this group. I have some friends at school, but I feel more at home with this group. "So Morgan told me that you're going to school next year?" I ask Tessa.

"Yeah! It's for business at Queens, I'm excited to be starting something new!"

"That's so awesome." I respond.

"Congratulations." Nick chimes in.

"So we have a 3 day break now, anyone got any fun plans?" Steph asks. Nick and I both look at each other. We had planned on binge watching suits between homework.

"Well Tessa is actually going to move some of her things into my place and she's gonna live with me."

"Oh!" Sydney gasps. "Congratulations!"

It's nice to see Morgan with a nice girl like Tessa. Together, they were so happy. Morgan hadn't been in any real serious relationship in the past few years. He was still getting settled in Toronto and finding his place in the locker room. Now, he's matured and settled in his leadership role on the team. Just by looking at them you could tell their love for each other was everlasting.