Part#6

JAKE'S POV:

It's said that each day is a new beginning.. well my days are consist of the same old routine of me getting up, eating, participating in some of the pack's general matters and sleeping.

As a 25 yr old i too wish that i could act my age and become more involved in the pack's internal affairs and step out of this house..

I just really dont get why this is happening to me..

Let me give you a brief idea on what has happened in my life,

I was a happy boy years back who could go to school, play with his friends, walk around and be himself whenever he wanted to be, but all those changed when i attained the age of 10.
Its like an invisible break had been applied . My life stopped all too suddenly..

I still remember that it was my 10th bday and everyone were celebrating. The whole pack had come together to celebrate the alpha's son's birthday. What they didnt expect was what happened next. A blazing horn was heard soon after the cake was cut which indicated that our pack was under attack.

Nothing could describe the chaos that followed after that. Everyone were running all around . I saw my parents gearing up to takeon what's that is waiting for us outside.

With a sudden force, I was shoved into a nearby room by my mom,
" Jake my dear, whatever happens ,do not leave this room. I will come back for you. I love you."
I could see the pain and fear that reflected in her eyes.
With a quick kiss on my forehead, locking the door she went away leaving me filled with fear.

I could hear cries, shouting, bangings and all sorts of things that crawls one's skin. I moved slowly towards my bed and tightly held my pillow as if it would protect me from this chaos.

After what seemed like forever, a large banging noise was heard that ceased all the surrounding sounds completely.
'Pin drop silence'..i could hear the paced beatings of my heart..
I could feel my breath quicken and sweat forming on my hands.

1..2..3..4..5..6..I counted closing my eyes to help me slowdown my breathing and gain control of myself once again.

The next thing i know, i am on my bed with my parents standing at my side.
"What the hell happened?!"

_________________________________________

What do you think had happened? Was it something dreadfull? Do you think whatever happened has made the present situation to be the way it is? Lets find out in the next chapter ;)