"Connie? What about your village?", Ymir suddenly asked him. You felt his head turn in Ymir's direction.

"It was destroyed", he said sad. "Crushed to sticks and rubble by titans...".

"I see... How awful", Ymir said, her voice sounding sorrowful.

"But nobody was eaten", Connie continued certain. The feeling of worry and pity you got in the pit of your stomach earlier when Connie voiced his hope, returned. "I think they all escaped, so there's that to be thankful for", he said calm, but down.

"Wasn't the village destroyed though?", Ymir asked confused.

"The houses and stuff were wrecked, but the villagers made it out safely. If anyone were eaten, there would have been blood and remains everywhere, but there was none". He paused for a second, and you knew what he was contemplating saying.

"Still... I can't stop thinking about it. There was this titan at my house. It couldn't move on its own, but it was laying on top of my house. It spoke to me, welcoming me home... It actually reminded me of my mother-". Ymir suddenly laughing stopped him, and you jerked your head up to glare at her confused.

"What an idiot! You think your mother might have been that titan?!", she laughed hysterically. You felt anger build up inside your chest. This was not a laughing matter. "Then how come you are so short, huh?", she continued joking.

"Ymir!?", you exclaimed shocked, trying to keep your anger under control.

She continued rambling on about how stupid he was, everyone watching her shocked and confused.

"Would you just shut up? This is absurd", Connie said frustrated, his face in his hands.

"Ymir, I heard it too you know. It talked, which is a revelation weird enough as it is. I wouldn't rule out anything before we have gotten a closer look at it. For all we know it might be her, but it might very well not be", you jabbed at her, tired of her antics for tonight. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm pooped. Let's just rest up and talk more tomorrow?", you asked them as they silently agreed, getting comfortable in their spots. You laid down, getting as comfortable as possible on the stone floor, longing for your bed back at HQ.

'I'll be back for you soon, oh you beautiful, soft mattress and feathered pillow'

~

"Everyone wake up! Get to the tower! Quickly!", Lynne's distressed voice rung out, and you yanked yourself up into a sitting position. You rubbed your tired eyes slightly before looking around, everyone else looking as tired and confused as you felt.

"Come on Y/N", Connie said tired, reaching out his hand to help you up. Sprinting, you all quickly made your way to the top of the tower. The sight that met you shook you to the bone. At least twenty titans roamed the grounds beneath you, their goal being the very tower you found yourself standing on top of.

"I couldn't see them in the darkness, but then the moon started shining again...", Lynne explained awestricken.

"But how can they move? Aren't they dependant on sunlight only? Hange never told me they could move by the light of the moon", you thought out loud frantic, hoping someone had the answer. No one did.

"What's going on here?", Crista asked weak, as you all stared dumbfounded at the scene beneath you.

"Hey! Look at that!", Connie exclaimed, pointing in front of him. What you saw had your jaw drop. It was a titan, but one like you had never seen before. It had fur and long arms, moving back and forth as it casually walked past you.